HybridZ

SR20 Idles but dies on throttle

Hi All,

So I've been nearing the end of my sr20 swap into my 280z and have come to sort of a dead end. I can start the car up and it idles just fine, but when I open the throttle a little it dies on me.

A couple things that maybe noteworthy are that I currently don't have a throttle cable hooked up. There's a hose coming from the intake manifold that I have open to air. I thought it goes to the intercooler piping, but when I connect it to that the car stalls after a bit.

Let me know what you guys think I should do to troubleshoot this, and if you need more info for a diagnoses let me know.

Thanks in advance.

depending what sr your using your ecu should have a check engine light on the bottom of it...use a screwdriver to check the codes...fix all vacuum leaks and make sure your getting good fuel pressure...id say its fuel or your timing is off plus vacuum leaks or a combination of all 3...more specs?

Alright Ill look into those. Here's a pic of that open hose and a pick of the engine bay. ?action=view&current=DSC04991.jpgAnyone know where the hose is supposed to connect to? Also I have a walbro 255 fuel pump, I haven't gotten around to timing but ill try after checking everything else, my sr is a blacktop s13, I removed all the emissions stuff, and the only add-ons i have are the hks bov and an intercooler.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v732/tightpinoyboy23/?action=view&current=DSC04989.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v732/tightpinoyboy23/?action=view&current=DSC04991.jpg

?action=view&current=DSC04989.jpg

Alright Ill look into those. Here's a pic of that open hose and a pick of the engine bay. ?action=view&current=DSC04991.jpgAnyone know where the hose is supposed to connect to? Also I have a walbro 255 fuel pump, I haven't gotten around to timing but ill try after checking everything else, my sr is a blacktop s13, I removed all the emissions stuff, and the only add-ons i have are the hks bov and an intercooler.

?action=view&current=DSC04989.jpg

That hose comes from your air idle control valve, you can weld a bung on your intercooler pipe and connect it. Just like in the pic.

zhose.jpg

So I was talking to my friend about this, and I forgot to mention that I have a Z32 MAFS on it. He thinks that is the source of the problem since the ECU is tuned to the stock sr20 MAF. Can anyone confirm this? If it is could I tune my ECU in some way and how?

Thanks again and sorry for the nubness.

So I was talking to my friend about this, and I forgot to mention that I have a Z32 MAFS on it. He thinks that is the source of the problem since the ECU is tuned to the stock sr20 MAF. Can anyone confirm this? If it is could I tune my ECU in some way and how?

Ya, the z32 mafs will cause your engine to not run right since its not tuned for it. Try putting an sr mafs on it. That should fix it.

that would make sense ecu doesnt sense air then screws everything thing else...

• 2 weeks later...