HybridZ
Warren

DNI 2009 - 60 Days and counting

Yes we are ready, if we do not tear it up 1st.... Might have some new additions coming as well. Just finished up my old 86 ss monte carlo that I sold to a friend. Hopefully he will bring it as well.

Jerry getting real close to the turbo build. Still have not found a suitable chassis for my bolwn alky engine yet, but might have a s10 pickup truck lined up. If so hopefully it will be done and we will bring it as well.

john

Here is a picture of the Monte Carlo. It has a 412 SBC mechanical Solid Roller, etc... 12 bolt rear end 4:30 gears full spool, 33 spine axels. With ET Drag Radials P295/65R15 (30'' x 12.5'' - 15'') tires. Frame has been notched. Roll Cage, Turbo 350 trans, Nitrous Express 250 shot. Street legal car.

Yes we are ready, if we do not tear it up 1st.... Might have some new additions coming as well. Just finished up my old 86 ss monte carlo that I sold to a friend. Hopefully he will bring it as well.

Jerry getting real close to the turbo build. Still have not found a suitable chassis for my bolwn alky engine yet, but might have a s10 pickup truck lined up. If so hopefully it will be done and we will bring it as well.

john

16959_thumb.attach

Im working on her. I have all the bits, Here is my list of To Do's

Rebuild CV axles-

swap out companion flanges-

Install new CV axles-

get oil pan gasket and reinstall oil pan-

Reinstall radiator -

port the exhaust housing of the new turbo-

coat the new turbo with my techline-

install the turbo and manifolds-

break in the new turbo-

Tune Tune Tune Tune...

rytherwr    18

I think I'm ready...still sorting things out, trying different top ends, trans brakes, no trans brake, nitrous, no nitrous, big turbo's, little turbo's, and a partridge in a pear tree...:o) I'll be there with something (or nothing, if I tear it up). Looking forward to seeing the gang again and taking a look at all the new and upgraded iron.

Hey John and Jerry....that Monte is SWEET!!! I heard ya gotta watch those guys in SC, I think I see an old, balding guy trying to siphon gas in the pic...:o)

Wayne

Yep that me, but I am washing it after doing some detail work. This was my old monte and the guy I sold it to stripped to the metal and we brought it back. I did all the body work and he was going to paint it back white and then at the last minute changed his mind to black. I had to block it 3 more times. But hey it does look good black. Good luck with your Z and hope you get everything ironed out. If you are having issues with the turbos do have a Great tuner ( Chris Tuten ) and he has a chassis dyno so he could get it ready for you. Just let me know and you can come down and stay with me after we make you an appointment.

You are always welcome Uncle Wayne.....

John

I think I'm ready...still sorting things out, trying different top ends, trans brakes, no trans brake, nitrous, no nitrous, big turbo's, little turbo's, and a partridge in a pear tree...:o) I'll be there with something (or nothing, if I tear it up). Looking forward to seeing the gang again and taking a look at all the new and upgraded iron.

Hey John and Jerry....that Monte is SWEET!!! I heard ya gotta watch those guys in SC, I think I see an old, balding guy trying to siphon gas in the pic...:o)

Wayne

rytherwr    18

WOW! If it is anything like the Z turned out, it must be a stunner in person! Sure appreciate the offer, John...means a lot to me as I know you mean it. Luckily, I have developed a working friendship with a guy near me who also has a chassis dyno and is the GA dealer for Electromotive, which is the system I have on the Z.

In the final analysis, if I can't get out of this thing what I think I should, I may be giving you a call. Trial and error so far, but I do have a 5 second timeslip on 12 lbs of boost...I think there is a lot more there and am sneaking up on it. I've got this thing set up for 1/8th mile and am too lazy to change it out just for one day at SEZ, so will just run it the 1/8th and take my lumps from the gang...:o)

Wayne

Nothing wrong with 1/8 mile and it is safer. Kudos for the 5's.......

John

WOW! If it is anything like the Z turned out, it must be a stunner in person! Sure appreciate the offer, John...means a lot to me as I know you mean it. Luckily, I have developed a working friendship with a guy near me who also has a chassis dyno and is the GA dealer for Electromotive, which is the system I have on the Z.

In the final analysis, if I can't get out of this thing what I think I should, I may be giving you a call. Trial and error so far, but I do have a 5 second timeslip on 12 lbs of boost...I think there is a lot more there and am sneaking up on it. I've got this thing set up for 1/8th mile and am too lazy to change it out just for one day at SEZ, so will just run it the 1/8th and take my lumps from the gang...:o)

Wayne

Warren    16

Lumps? Come on Wayne, we know better than that... Marines don't GET lumps... They GIVE them.

And if anybody gives you crap about only running 1/8th mile, tell them to come see me. I'll have a little sumpin-sumpin for them...hehehe (You don't need to handle your own light work.) :) :) :)

Im working on her. I have all the bits, Here is my list of To Do's

Rebuild CV axles-

swap out companion flanges-

Install new CV axles-

get oil pan gasket and reinstall oil pan-

Reinstall radiator -

port the exhaust housing of the new turbo-

coat the new turbo with my techline-

install the turbo and manifolds-

break in the new turbo-

Tune Tune Tune Tune...

CV axles= check

Oil pan installed= check

Radiator installed= check

Port exhaust housing on turbo= check

New turbo coated= check

break in the turbo= check

Tune Tune Tune= Working on it. :)

misterZ    10
CV axles= check

Oil pan installed= check

Radiator installed= check

Port exhaust housing on turbo= check

New turbo coated= check

break in the turbo= check

Tune Tune Tune= Working on it. :)

Noice, glad to see your back on the road Gabe! I'm bringing more folks this trip and also plan to run my car. :D Let's all hope for good weather! :rockon: