HybridZ

Heading to Cayuga (drag) today

fentin_fury

Well i am more of a road race - Solo 1 type - and built my Z more for that purpose but I am going drag racing today. I will post times so you can all have a smile at the end of the day.

On another note I am going to build a spare short block. I want a stroked - 2.8l. I debated the RB30- just to much work in my opinion to swap out on a weekend. My question is has anyone here tried the Brian Crower crank? I like the Tomei kit - and my Tomei components I cannot complain about but they are not the least expensive option.

Q

The BC "kit" consists of his crank, eagle rods and CP pistons. No real kit - that worries me a bit. I was checking out JGY for prices - and they are now carrying Tomei parts. I have had good luck with these guys.

ohh - and if anyone has a RB26 block with girdle and squirters - I am in the market

Hey Quentin...nice run!! I was also at our local track this weekend. Also had quite a bit of wheel hop for some reason...didnt do it last time at the track. The track was brutal...it was too cool and they didnt prep it at all. Here are my times:

1)60foot: 2.24

12.11 @ 123.3mph

2)60 foot:2.22

12.23@ 124.2mph

3)60 foot:2.3

12.5@ 123.1mph

This was on drag radials,..tried launching at all different rpm but the car just spun through the first two gears.

Also...I too am thinking of building/purchasing another bottom end. One of the options I have considered is going with a RIPS 3.0 litre bottom end. From the email reply I received from Rob it looks like a stock (not forged) 3.0 litre bottom end would run around $4500.00 NZ dollars (including shipping!)...which is about $3600cdn or so. The price quoted is for his 20th anniversary in business and upcoming 40th birthday celebration!. Thinking about it pretty hard...this guy knows his stuff and the torque would be awesome. Keep in mind that this is for the bare bones block (no oilpan/oil pump etc) with crank/rods/pistons suitable for an RB26dett head.

Well i went - and tried a few runs. I get a lot of wheel hop/spin - shakes everything quite badly. Yesterday was quite cool and wet - but here are some time slips. I have not done this before so no making fun :icon12:. I am the faster car in these three

Wow!!! 130mph is fast. You must be well over 500bhp. Get your 60ft down you'll be in the 10's.