HybridZ

240sx automatic idle question

jgautosport

I figured id ask here first before I post in a 240sx forum since Ive had great help with my 280z here.

Heres the issue. I picked up a 89 240sx automatic with a ka24e. It has about 110k and the motor has been changed before. (very obvious) by wire routing. At first there was a bad idle and hesitant issue when you blip the throttle. That has been fixed with timing adjustment. found out distributor was 180 out. It occassionally will shift hard from 1st to second.

This is what was done so far.

Replaced every vaccum hose, air regulator, and B.P.T. valve. Cleaned aac valve on back of manifold, Cleaned Maf sensor with electronic cleaner, replaced coolant temp sensor, plugs, cap, rotor along with all fluids and seafoamed it.

When the car is started in the morning, rpms are at 850 and raise to 1000 after warm. it is an automatic and when you switch to drive or reverse the rpm drops to about 650-700. Is that normal to have an RPM drop from 1000 to 650? Per service manual idle should be at 850, but its too rough if I set it that low. Wondering if this has anything to do with my shifting problem?

Overall the car gets around ok just doesn't feel right though.

Any input would be much appreciated.