HybridZ

Jeg's

dr_hunt

What a frustrating couple of weeks. I ordered these heads from Jeg's, through ebay, using buy it now and paid for them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350254258994&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Jeg's calls me 2 days later to tell me that they are discontinued and not for sale anymore. Ok, so what else you got? They transfer me to a salesman who tells me that "someone beat me to the heads and that they were already sold." Ha, really, check the aution, says 2 available!, so he does, but can't explain that. He transfers me to his supervisor who says that it was for one head, not two but they will sell me a set of patriot heads for $899 each or $1700 total! Wowsa, what a royal screwing I say!! I can buy AFR for less, to which he says "buy them then"!!! OK, so I want my money back, sorry he says, leaving for vacation and won't be back for a week, call back later! Yowsa!

So, I had also bought a lunati cam kit, also from Jeg's, paid through paypal, $288.38 and never received item. Called Jeg's, they say they got the money but have no record of me ordering item as the order was cancelled 2 days later. OK, so I am like how can you cancel an order that didn't exist you moron! To which the reply is, call back on Monday to get a supervisor! What a bunch of tools!!!!

So, I contacted paypal and got the head money back, but not the cam money yet. Bought another cam, from someone else this time. It is this one LUNATI SBC 276/284 VOODOO CAM & LIFTER KIT #60104LK.

Have to tell you that IMO Jeg's sucks in about every way imaginable!

Edited by dr_hunt

I have deat with Jeg's more times then I can remember and I have never had an issue of any type. They are quick to ship and easy to deal with if there is a problem. Returns have also been a breeze even for things when I didn't have the receipt and they were pretty old.

I always buy from there website (which is really nice) and never had an issue, usually gets to my house in about 3 days.

Sounds like the Ebay route is a little sketchy. Maybe there is a single guy in the back running the ebay operation ;)

Guest Rolling Parts

To have 2 ORDERS in a row screwed up (in a year when they really need business) is outstandingly dumb on their part. Compound that with bad customer service is dumb and dumber. Jegs will go down in flames if even the supervisors have the same bad attitude when talking to customers. Sheesh!

I used to order all my stuff from Jegs - telephone order and they were quick to ship and never had any problems with them, that was about two years ago, then they started charging handling charges. Now I get my stuff from my local Speed Shop now, also to support my local speed shop. If it is a big ticket item then I might look to the internet to save on sales tax.

John

I had something like that happen to me a few years back. I ordered a poly busing kit through Nopi for my 77 Z. I placed the order on line and waited about a month...no parts. They are up in Atlanta and I was in South Ga. so no reason for it to take longer then a week. I called them up and they said there was a problem with the shipment, but they would get it out right away. So I wait another two weeks...with no parts. I call a second time and they tell me that that part has been discontinued. I said "uh..ok, so where you just planing on keeping the payment and not ever sending me a part?' The guy on the phone was a complete ass, trying to make it my fault for not getting my part out. Anyway, got a refund and won't deal with them again.

I order through Summit all the time instead of Jegs. Summit has "free" shipping but charge a handling fee. Fine with me, I think of it as a "shipping" charge.

They've got a warehouse in Reno and I usually get my part within 2 days of ordering using standard shipping. :)