HybridZ

rb26 engine management options

stony

Have you looked at the haltech e11v2 or platinum 2000. They sell a PnP for it now, plugs right into the factory harness. Also has wideband, boost control options as well as a whole lot of other things. Take a look at it...

http://www.haltech.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=86

Abes..

Boost control can be set any way you want. progressive by rpm, etc. Data logging. Wide band auto-tune, and on and on and on. It's also one of the easier systems I've worked with, and why I became a dealer. The new PS systems are unbelievable in what they can do.

Progressive boost sounds like a good option for launching on non prepped street surfaces ;> along with turning nitrous off once a certain boost is reached. Im pretty sure the Vpro can do all that i just need to pay someone everytime i want to change something.

Stony - you are welcome to my microtech lt12s with X6, wideband and data logging. If you like it you could purchase it. I am switcing over to a vipec v88 and the microtech will collect dust.

uses stock CAS, temp, TPS, water temp, air temp and built in 5bar map. Setup up for my car with 700cc sards. Sequential ignition - will use stock coil on plug.

programmed and ready.

Q

How much power are you looking to make with this engine? What size injectors/maf are you going with?

I can send you a spreadsheet of what a logfile from a dyno session looks like. In nistune you open the logfile(spreadsheet), hit play, then watch the cursor move over whatever map you want to tune you can also hit "trail" and nistune will leave a colored trail of the data accessed on a particular map. You can download a copy of nistune from the website and play with it if you want.

Well the motor was around 700 at the wheels in the black car. Not to sure I'm liking the air flow sensor thing. I guess I could use the twin sensor intake. Anyways I guess I could just wire up the vpro and see how it runs up at this altitude. I pretty sure it's going to need adjustment.

So what would be the benefit of running nistune with a ford lighting MAF.

The ford maf allows for a greater mass of air to be read by the ecu. I tuned a skyline on the dyno a few weeks ago and the max reading the dual z32 mafs read was 3.9vdc@450whp (approx 42% of max) where a ford maf may have read 3.5vdc and the stock mafs would have read somewhere around 5.12vdc. (stock maf sensors in a 3" pipe would read the same as the z32 mafs) Nistune allows a tuner to change the maf tables and the effected constants/scalars to get the tune back to a stock like starting point.