HybridZ

Brake kits on sale!!!!!!

Since the economy is in a rut we’ve decided to give our hybrid z members a discount on all our brake upgrades. The new prices are as follows:

Stage 4 front kit = $445 (has not been this inexpensive since they came out)

Stage 3 front brake kit = $305 (240z kit is $345)

Rear stage 4 brake kit = $755

Pm or email me for these prices edan@silverminemotors.com

Here are the pics and descriptions for each brake kit.

For more info. Go to silver mine motors.com

Stage 3 kit (front) brake kit

Sale price: $345

For 240z, 260z, and 280z.

This kit includes:

1. Four piston calipers

2. Slotted and drilled CNC rotors with zinc plaiting to prevent rusting

3. DOT approved custom fabricated steel braided brake lines.

4. Ceramic brake pads

As you can see this is a complete kit. There are no other parts needed to complete the installation. This is a big brake kit for any Datsun zcar made during 1970-1978. The calipers are four piston calipers, which are a big increase in piston size as opposed to the dual piston caliper that came on the car from the factory. The slotted and drilled rotors are professionally built with CNC machines, and zinc plated to prevent rusting. The steel braided brake lines are custom made to fit this brake kit for easy installation. They are also government DOT approved just like the stock brake lines that come on new cars from the factory today. So you can believe they will not have any problems. They are also steel braided with a layer of clear lamination to prevent expansion of the line under pressure. The ceramic brake pads are built buy centric brake company. They are very quiet and smooth. If you don't want the brake pads you can subtract $20 from the final

100_0721.jpg

100_0728.jpg

100_0760.jpg

Stage 4 front brake kit = $445

For 240z, 260z, and 280z.

This brake kit comes with the following parts:

1. Enormous 4 piston calipers (43mm pistons)

2. Vented, slotted, and drilled CNC rotors with zinc plaiting to prevent rusting

3. DOT approved custom fabricated steel braided brake lines

4. Custom fabricated T6061 aluminum spacers

5. Ceramic brake pads

6. All the needed hardware

As you can see this kit is a complete kit. There are no other parts needed to complete the installation. Installing is very easy, and can be done in less than two hours. The 4 piston calipers you will be getting have the biggest pistons available (43mm). The vented slotted and drilled rotors are professionally built with CNC machines, and zinc plated to prevent rusting. The steel braided brake lines are custom made to fit this brake kit for easy installation. They are also government DOT approved just like the stock brake lines that come on new cars from the factory today. So you can believe they will not have any problems. The aluminum spacers are made of the highest grade of aluminum on the market T6160. These spacers are very light and extremely strong. The ceramic brake pads are built buy centric brake company. They are very quiet and smooth. If you don't want the brake pads you can subtract $20 from the final price. I personally have this brake kit on my 280z and it made a big difference, my car now stops on the dime. Pleas allow one week for parts to be built and shipped out after payment is received. Over all it’s a great brake kit that will make your Z stop faster and better than you could ever imagine. It has bigger pistons than the $800 kits Willwood sells, so you do the math. Pleas specify what type of z car you have when you order!

100_0799.jpg

100_0773.jpg

100_0790.jpg

Stage 4 rear big brake kit = $755

This kit includes:

1. Pair of new 11.8 inch CNC drilled, slotted, vented, Zink plated, and machine balanced rotors.

2. Pair of brand new Enormous1.6 inch (43mm) single piston calipers with e-brake function.

3. DOT approved custom fabricated steel braided brake lines.

4. Ceramic brake pads

5. One pair of custom fabricated 1018 alloy brackets.

6. All the needed hardware.

7. Installation instructions.

As you can see this is a complete brake kit. There are no other parts needed to complete the installation. There is currently no other brake kit with e-brake function on the market that has bigger piston calipers than this brake kit. The calipers are the strongest calipers in any rear brake kit available with e-brake for our Z cars. They feature 1.6 inch pistons (43mm) and an amazingly strong e-brake function. These calipers are also available in many local auto parts stores so replacing them is not a problem. They originally came off a car with 500 hp from the factory. So you can believe they will stop your light z car with whip lashing power! The pair of Drilled, Slotted, Vented, machine balanced, and Zink plated rotors are professionally built with precision C.N.C. machines. They are Zink plated which prevents them from rusting. The rotors are also vented which will greatly lower the chances of brake fade under extreme driving conditions. The steel braided brake lines are custom made to fit this brake kit for easy installation. They are also government DOT approved just like the stock brake lines that come on new cars from the factory today, except that they are much much stronger. So you can believe they will not have any safety problems. The custom fabricated brackets are made of 1018 steel. They will never rust or corrode. Just to give you an example of how strong they are the stock brackets off most cars today including the maxima brackets have a hardness level of about 13. These brackets have a hardness level of 17. They are not hardened on the outside, so they will not snap. The metal that was used to make these brackets is made in U.S.A. and is certified by two reputable American owned alloy companies: Nucor cold finish group, and Fry steel company. Aluminum brackets are as strong as twigs when compared to these brackets. The ceramic brake pads are built by Posi Quiet. They are very quiet and smooth. If you don't want the brake pads you can subtract $20 from the final price. I can also get you different types of pads if you email me what you?re looking for. This kit does require 15 inch rims or bigger. It will hook up right to your stock e-brake cable. Installation requires you to either: 1. Remove your stub axels. 2. Or cut of your stock drum brake backing plate. One good thing about removing your stub axels is that you get to change your old wheel bearings, which I strongly recommend you do, unless you already have. I personally have this brake kit on my car and let me tell you, I can give my unexpecting passengers whip lash when I press on my brakes. The car stops on the dime, even when I?m going well over 100 miles per hour. I use to have the maxima caliper brake kit with the 300zx rotors and it is nowhere near as strong as this kit. Note: 1. For you people who have re drilled you stub axels to a 5x4.5 lug pattern this brake kit should work for your car as well. 2. You should also think about using a bigger master cylinder when you buy this kit, the added piston area will use more brake fluid than your stock brakes. I can supply you with one for an additional $65.

100_0972.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_0993.jpg

there is no way to know exactly how thick to make the spacer. what i recommend doing is to get the brake kit, install it and then try to put the wantables on. then if it hits the caliper measure how thick you need the spacer to be and i will make it for you. any spacer is going to cost $110.

before you do any of this see if you can even put a spacer between the hub and the rim. remember that once you put in the spacer your wheel will be closer to your fender. it might rub. so check how much space you have right now between the fender and your tire.you might find out that you don't have any room for a spacer.

call me if you have more questions, this way we can solve them quickly.

(818) 636-2797

Edan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are the front rotors on the Stage 4 Kit smaller than the rear?

Yes the front rotors are smaller.

Are the rear brakes fully installed in the pictures?

Looks like you are using about 50% of the rotor surface...something definitely isn't right there.

The brakes are completely installed in the picture.

The total rotor surface is 47mm (1.85 inch) and the total rotor surface that the pad is in contact with is 38mm (1.496 inch). So a total of 9mm of rotor surface is not being used. This is not a big area when compared with the factory brakes on most modern cars today. An exact numerical percent of unused rotor surface would actually be 19.14%.

This rear kit uses the stock calipers, pads and rotors from a Mustang gt500. The calipers are in the same position that ford designed them to be, on the gt500. We have simply put them on a z car in the same position with a custom bracket.

Is there anyway to put 12" rotors on the front with the stage 4 kit?

Unfortunately there is currently no way to do so. Besides both kits are proportionate the way they are.

Yes, they are smaller discs in the front. But the calipers are dual piston in the front and single piston in the rear for the stage IV. I have his set up on my car now.

The front kits actually have four piston calipers and the rear kits have single piston calipers.

My brake kits are awesome.

Hey man, Id be interested, sorry man, wallets have been bare for months, finally got the cash to work on the car again, could get cash to you in about 4-5 days, have lost your Paypal information, looking for the 240z hub axel style, your "special" still happening bro?