HybridZ
Warren

DNI 2009 - 30 Days and counting

Man, you guys are rough on your engines! I sure hope you get them back together and running right. Now if I can just keep mine running without incident for more than a week I will be there. New engine, new transmission, new halfshafts....OMG I hope this is the end for a while!!! See ya in 30.

Folks, I am sorry to say that I am not going to be able to make the show the 14th. As many of you know, I am a retired Marine and each year, we celebrate the Marine Corps birthday (Nov 10th) with a formal Marine Corps birthday ball. Well, I just got the word that our ball for this year is on the 14th and I have people coming from as far away as Colorado that I am sponsoring...I am really bummed out for not being able to hang out with you folks and make some passes as well as meet up with old friends. If anything changes, I will be there, but I don't anticipate that to happen. Pls take many pics and videos...I'll be there in heart and spirit if not in person.

Regards,

Wayne

Update on my turbo.. It should be here tomorrow! Joe at arizona turbo is the MAN! what he said it looks like is the front bearing was ate up.. He asked if I was running royal purple and funny thing is.. I was for this time because I got a deal on it. Joe said there was a good amount of carbon build up around the bearings and probably caused the failure. He stated that Royal Purple is known for causing this in turbo cars.. It was the first I had heard of it though.. At anyrate, new turbo will be here and I will be using either Valvoline V1, Valvoline syntec or mobile 1. I also added a catch can for crank case ventilation. I hope this does the trick..

I hate to say it but, my neice is getting Married (my wifes sisters daughter)on the 14th, and if I do not want to end up in a divorce I will need to attend. I picked up the block yesterday and plan on putting it together tomorrow night. It will be alot of work to get it ready for John to bring.

Update on my turbo.. It should be here tomorrow! Joe at arizona turbo is the MAN! what he said it looks like is the front bearing was ate up.. He asked if I was running royal purple and funny thing is.. I was for this time because I got a deal on it. Joe said there was a good amount of carbon build up around the bearings and probably caused the failure. He stated that Royal Purple is known for causing this in turbo cars.. It was the first I had heard of it though.. At anyrate, new turbo will be here and I will be using either Valvoline V1, Valvoline syntec or mobile 1. I also added a catch can for crank case ventilation. I hope this does the trick..

Gabe, sorry to hear about your turbo. I have hammered on my turbo since 2002 and had no problems with Mobil 1. I run 10w30 in the winter and 15w50 in the summer.