plan is:

ENGINE

port/polish the SC plus teflon impellars

SC pulley

intake

exhaust

roller rockers

cam

new head gasket(the cougar was 150 bucks with a blown HG, hey...)

ring the heads

ect ect

DRIVE TRAIN:

cheap high performance clutch kit

ANY BUILT t5 from a v6 84-04 mustang

custom drive shaft

z32 rear end

z32 hubs(5-lug big brake conv)

ect ect

EXTERIOR:

koukie(jdm) spoiler

koukie(jdm) tail lights

wide body(for offsets not rice)

s13.4 conversion( 94-99 jdm front end conversion)

end project = cheap torquey daily drifter for... did i mention cheap?????

only issues i for see are:

Mounts... ill just hard mount it all, after all it is going to me a daily drifter/track car

Wiring Harnes: ill splice down the non essential parts of both the ford and nissan wiring harness and loom them together

Gauges: custom mounted within the stock cluster and pillar pod.

END RESULT will be some where around 360HP/410TQ 2500lb drift car for around 3000 bucks(5000 after body work). i had the cougar sitting around, the z32 parts car was just sitting around, and ive always wanted a 240 but the head gasket blew on the way home from buying the @$#%thing.

ill post pics soon

So are you going to use the L67 fwd block and just run it rightways, or modify one of the RWD variants to be SC?

It would be interesting to hear that whine coming from a 240sx lol

Last time I checked a Cougar was a Ford [Mercury] product? ;)

suggestion, comments, concerns??? i know its not a 240Zx but come on..... and i just sold my z32 tt project if that count toward any thing...

Careful now.... :)

Looks like a cool project! I initially thought you were talking about the L67 like Trumpet until you started talking about Mustang trannys.

Last time I checked a Cougar was a Ford [Mercury] product? ;)

Careful now.... :)

Looks like a cool project! I initially thought you were talking about the L67 like Trumpet until you started talking about Mustang trannys.

yeah i know theres alot of room for critisizm lol... but i bought the cougar for 150 bucks, already had the z32 parts laying around, and bought the 240sx for 600 bucks.... so its all there... it makes sence.... i just gotta get time and what little fundage i need to make it happen :D hence forth the "bastardized budget build" nickname;)

and who said anything about an L67???? and cougar's, 300zx's, and 240sx's are ALL rear wheel drive... why would i have to worry about converting anything from FWD??? :icon53:

The L67 is the common supercharged 3.8L in the FWD W-body cars. I missed the part about about the cougar, my mistake.

The 3.8 is a sturdy reliable motor, saw someone recently running one with Megasquirt ;)

My roommate has similar mods in his W-body to what you're looking at doing, and he's estimated at just over 300whp, so 360hp might be doable if you're talking about at the crank. To get that at the wheels you'd need a pretty dang small pulley, and an intercooler to support it.

Should be a fun project!