• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys, not much for an update but i did do some work on my harness today. Finally had some free time to get some work done on it. Here is a teaser video of me driving the car about a couple months back, before the harness decided to fry itself. The car runs great, even in this video, i was a tooth off timing but the car still drove amazing. After setting the timing right the car would brake traction in first gear even though i have 9.5'' wide wheels with 275/45/zr17 tires. B)

th_2011-02-05_14-54-41_145.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well... um not really. This last year has been difficult financially so the Z has been on the back burner for awhile. I just moved, and i get the whole garage to myself for the Z so I will have some new updated soon.

Hey Joel we where just talking about your car yesterday at the Z picnic, your ears must have been burning. ;)

Hope to see you there next year.

Later Nick

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys, Just though I would let everyone know that the project is NOT dead! I will have an update really soon with the car, ive been really busy lately. Actually funny story, my RHD conversion most likely will landed me a job doing RHD conversions on Big Rigs that are going to be exported out of the country. That just means more money for the Z!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool build, that was a BIG job!

Im keen to see this come through, yay not dead!

Im in the process myself of doing the same conversion.

Would it be too much to ask to measure the angle which the engine slopes transversely?

Im struggling to find any rock solid info on the sr20....only found a throwaway comment on a miata forum which was "about 15 degrees".

Also what are your measurements from firewall to the back of the block? iv got 100mm, and the engine mounts are pretty much on top of /inline with  the TC buckets, is that the same for you?

Cheers

Darius

Cool build, that was a BIG job!

Im keen to see this come through, yay not dead!

Im in the process myself of doing the same conversion.

Would it be too much to ask to measure the angle which the engine slopes transversely?

Im struggling to find any rock solid info on the sr20....only found a throwaway comment on a miata forum which was "about 15 degrees".

Also what are your measurements from firewall to the back of the block? iv got 100mm, and the engine mounts are pretty much on top of /inline with  the TC buckets, is that the same for you?

Cheers

Darius

I will check in a day or so and get you some measurements.

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys! The project is still not dead, just kinda laggy. I finally sent the z over to my brothers shop to finish up the body work and paint the z. The color I ended up going with was 350z pearl white. So as soon as he gets around to painting it(might take a while) I will post pics and hopefully get it going on the road. Stay tuned!