HybridZ

Help! Will not stay running, CHTS problem?

Hey guys, I have a 1975 280z and I just rebuilt the engine, Had it running smooth for about a month, parked it the other day and now when I try to start it, it dies in a couple seconds, cant get it to run any longer than that.

However if I unplug the Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor, I can keep the car running if I push on the throttle. If I let the car warm up by doing this it can idle by itself for a good couple minutes before dying.

Sensor is new with the rebuilt engine and connections all read correctly for resistance. Is my sensor bad? Or do I need to check other things? Fuel pressure regulator? Please help.

That sensor was giving me hell as well, would be full throttle in first or second them BAM fall flat on its face. Wouldnt cold start and stay running without me moving the afm piece down (richen it up) and just all kinds of bs. I swapped out my thermostat and all plugs for the one out of my old daily and bam works like a charm and even loves cold starts (wont even think about dying even after some revs). hope that helps -Jeff