HybridZ

I put on my Lonewolf intake, and 90mm TB

big-phil

I was going to setup the intake then put the ported head on this weekend, but the intake took SO much work to get on that's all I got around to.

1257124903.jpg

1257038640.jpg

and it glows in the dark ha ha

here it is running:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2on3aRWb9o

Went for a drive and the AFR's didn't change at ALL!! Ported head and cam will make all the difference. That goes on next time I get time.

the part of the TB touching the radiator is coming off when the head goes on, and finish up the cable for the TB. LOTS of custom fab. work.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah boosted it for just a bit a couple times and it was pretty much the same. I'm having a crazy time fabbing my throttle cable and it was not getting full throttle. I'm going to try to do the head today?? Still working on brackets for the throttle cable. I just got home so i'm heading out to work on it now.

yup, oh my back is killing me! Bent over that this for too long. I just want this done, I'm going to try to clean up the brackets or do them again with the head change. Fitting, cutting, fitting, bending, all took the toll and they look pretty bad I think.

1257218542.jpg

1257218534.jpg

1257218513.jpg

What a nightmare of fitting, refitting, cutting, welding, and trying to be careful of my paint.

Just on the other side of the fire wall you could eliminate the last rod piece and connect the cable directly to the pedal assy. That might simplify things. As far as brackets go, I think they look fine. You can always redo them later (after you get it running) and you see if there are any changes or tweaks you'll need to the design.

Phil, I would really try to ditch the linkage altogether. I did that over 1.5 years ago and it makes a world of difference for low speed driveability. The linkage used to stick even though I took it apart, cleaned and greased it.

As for the intake, looking good. I was going to pick it up myself before you bought it from Justin. However, I did not like the way the inlet of the intake was finished and realized I would have to do major modifications in order for it to work.

Are you still running methanol injection?

Phil, I would really try to ditch the linkage altogether. I did that over 1.5 years ago and it makes a world of difference for low speed driveability. The linkage used to stick even though I took it apart, cleaned and greased it.

As for the intake, looking good. I was going to pick it up myself before you bought it from Justin. However, I did not like the way the inlet of the intake was finished and realized I would have to do major modifications in order for it to work.

yes still have the methanol. the nozzle is just before the TB

1257291968.jpg

It took allot of work to make it bolt to the motor. Lots of grinding just to clear the stock manifold. And the TB is very tight to the firewall and radiator. Now that its on I like it!

Lookin' good Phil! After researching MONZTER's CFD work, I convinced my self that the Lonewolf intakes don't do much for performance. I could be wrong but that is why I ditched mine...plus I seized the opportunity to purchase one of the Speed Shop Thagard intakes. It would be interesting to see Dyno numbers now before you get the ported head on.

Lookin' good Phil! After researching MONZTER's CFD work, I convinced my self that the Lonewolf intakes don't do much for performance. I could be wrong but that is why I ditched mine...plus I seized the opportunity to purchase one of the Speed Shop Thagard intakes. It would be interesting to see Dyno numbers now before you get the ported head on.

I was looking at your write up on your motor. I wanted Garrett's intake also but I'd already bought this one. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes this manifold works out:sad:

Automotive machine and supply in Ft. Worth Texas. That's where Chris had his head ported and he made 403whp at 17 lbs. I also ordered the same Isky cam Chris has.

user GZEE dynod 417whp on 19 psi no meth and factory intake and head. Magic was in the mystery cam. He is houston local.