HybridZ

I put on my Lonewolf intake, and 90mm TB

big-phil

I just bought another 38mm WG, a Tial. I'm going to replace my Turbonetics 38mm to see if thats whay I can't control the boost. If not I'm going to mount one WG to the left of the turbo on the manifold plus run the other were it is now. Yup two WG's. Its cheaper for now than buying a BIG single. I got this other WG local.

Thats my sticking point as of now. I can't stop the boost from climbing.

But your wastegate CAN control the boost based on what you've told us. When the boost controller is not plumbed in and the only hose connected to the wastegate is a boost source to the bottom port of the wastegate, it gives you a smooth 9psi to 6500RPM, right?

That proves the wastegate is doing its job.

So that leaves only a few options:

1. The boost controller is plumbed incorrectly.

2. The boost controller is programmed incorrectly.

3. The boost controller is broken.

So, based on that,how is the Profec plumbed in?

How is it programmed? Duty cycle, gain, maximum boost allowed, duty cycle default when it overshoots max boost allowed?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But your wastegate CAN control the boost based on what you've told us. When the boost controller is not plumbed in and the only hose connected to the wastegate is a boost source to the bottom port of the wastegate, it gives you a smooth 9psi to 6500RPM, right?

That proves the wastegate is doing its job.

So that leaves only a few options:

1. The boost controller is plumbed incorrectly.

2. The boost controller is programmed incorrectly.

3. The boost controller is broken.

So, based on that,how is the Profec plumbed in?

How is it programmed? Duty cycle, gain, maximum boost allowed, duty cycle default when it overshoots max boost allowed?

QFT. I thought we already had stated we thought the WG must be functional since it worked without a BC on it. I'd try a manual controller before you go to all that trouble, if I were you.

QFT. I thought we already had stated we thought the WG must be functional since it worked without a BC on it. I'd try a manual controller before you go to all that trouble, if I were you.

Say it again! People say you need to hear something three times before it sinks in, the logic was placed out there a page or so ago in the same form by me as well. It works fine without the boost controller on it, but starts having problems when the BC is connected.

This is what I talk about when people get stuck convincing themselves it's one component, and are totalling ignoring clear troubleshooting evidence that they HAVE SOLVED THEIR OWN PROBLEM and isolated the cause of the trouble.

You have trouble with BC Connected.

You have NO trouble with BC Disconnected.

BC or it's plumbing is the problem.

Anybody remeber proofs in High School Geometry. People who could do them well will follow the above three lines. It's really that simple. Look to the isolated problem now, and forget about the latest and greatest wastegate Phil!:icon55:

I've tried so many things, I really need to unhook the controller and try it again just off the spring. The other WG I say I bought was on craigslist and now the guy wont return my e-mails so?? I'll unhook the controller today and video my boost gauge hooked and unhooked to show you guys whats up.

Its X-mass so I don't have allot of time to mess with it right now, sorry.

Christmas-shmishmash! We want RESULTS DAMMNIT!

Drop everything and kow tow to our mob mentality right this instant Phil.

Do it, or we kill the dog!

oh, now your not even logged on! Hey Tony watch the video, can you see and hear still some surging during boost? I'm wondering if THAT would be my blow off valve letting some compressed air slip by?

Hi big-phil

I have been watching your videos on youtube and i just wanted to say that i have a similar problem with my setup with the gt35r and turbonetics gt45 wg, wg is also mounted like yours but i had to extend the pipe and it gives poor flow since its almost 90 degrees on the manifold.

I will try without BC and see if the boost stops rising, one hose from kompressor housing to WG for lifting it open and keep the top open to atmo.

Some people say the compressor side on the gt35r is to big without major work to the engine/head on an l28,but several guys are driving around with this turbo so i dont know.

Maybe the WG should be welded on the manifold and take of the adapter.

Since i already have a larger WG than you i will test this and let you know, i think its the poor location of the WG, i hope not since its more work rebuilding.

ok with 15lb spring in the WG it creeps past 20lbs with the controller unhooked, WG unplugged. Video

with the 9lb spring I swear it held boost beyond 6k rpm?

Hmm, well that certainly is creep, and a lot of it!

Have you checked to make sure your wastegate moves freely? I wonder if it is not opening all the way, and is therefore acting like a smaller wastegate.

Hmm, well that certainly is creep, and a lot of it!

Have you checked to make sure your wastegate moves freely? I wonder if it is not opening all the way, and is therefore acting like a smaller wastegate.

i hooked it to my air compressor at a low 20 psi and it opened smooth. But i did buy it used and wonder if somethings up with it?

Phil,

A couple of things and I don't know if this has been asked:

1. Have you tried another boost gauge?

2. Can you isolate the BOV line to the manifold? I think you said in the video you have it teed off the brake booster line? If so, I think that the brake booster vacuum line should always be isolated.

3. I read somewhere the shorter the boost controller vacuum lines the quicker the response. I can't remember if this was for manual and or electronic controllers too. Try to shorten the lines like you mentioned and run your tests again?

Phil - When you said you unhooked the wastegate and plugged it, did you plug the top of the wastegate or just the line coming to it? You want the port on top of the wastegate vented to atmosphere.

plugged the line going to the top, then left the top port to atmosphere