HybridZ

can I make a 4x100 fit on 4x114.3?

So I bought some wheels of craigslist and the guy said he had it on a 510 he said they are 4x114 and was an ae86 rims.

So I look it all up and sure enough all 4x114.3

So I bought the two rims. Now trying to put it on it wouldn't fit using a shank type lugnuts(which is whats needes)after measuring it seems that it's 4x100 originally but the guy looks like he grinded it a bit so you can fit 114 but the lugnuts won't.

Anyways he won't answer my calls and we meet at target so I don't know where he lives. I payed average price and since there's only two I think it would be hard to resell.

Anyways can I grind the bolt hole a bit to fit a shank type lug nuts?

You can buy an adapter. I'm not sure if they are made but you can search. Grinding will take away strength in the wheel which is definantly not safe.

I already considered adapter but the rim is already too negative offset andstick out as it is.

And the wheels are like centerline rims so it basically solid/no spoke.

dangerous idea. already been asked on the forums here before. i had a set done at one time going from 4x110 to 4x114.3 but that's barely rubbing it out but from 4x100 to 4x114.3? that's a jump. is kinda pricey anywhere from 200 up. most shops wont do it anymore for safety reasons.

• Administrators

We see many claims as to wheel spacers being "not safe" and a true "spacer" that slips over long sheel studs is unsafe. But in the case of wheel "adaptors" that attach to the stock length wheel studs and have another set of stock length wheel studs on a different size, the safety issue is not as relevant. Granted, wheels that are made to fit directly on the cars hub would be ideal, but the reality is there are far more options in wheels that come in the other popular bolt pattern sizes that make wheel adaptors a safe viable altenrative.

Again, wheel "spacers" that require extra long wheel studs, bad. Wheel adaptors that utilize stock length studs, not ideal, but not as unsafe as many fear. Those claims stem from "spacers", not so much the "adaptors". :wink:

Edited by BRAAP
Clarification.

If they're basicly solid, I'd take them to a wheel shop and have them re-drill so they're an 8 hole style, fitting both 100 and 114 patterns, rather than make the 100 holes wonky

I agree

If the rims really are solid and have no pockets on the backside, just take them to a machine shop and have them redrill the proper bolt pattern 45 degrees from the original bolt pattern. It is a very simple job, and should not cost much.

Ahmed.

• 3 years later...

Hey guys , 

This has been a big help for me since I just got a 280z and am wheelpressed (like depressed but about wheels). Not many options for the 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern I found apaters on Amazon and they look good 4 for 100 bucks. I think I am going to get these but was curious if anybody else has already used them ...