HybridZ

Piston Source Needed...

texasz

KA24E, not KA24DE? ok, C/clip or P/Pin type?

set of 4, STD size, Press fit piston pin type, no rings, $97.22 NZD, set rings, STD size $64.49 NZD.

set of 4, STD, circlip piston pin retainer type is POA, but .50 over (MM, not half inch) is 95.40 NZ rings the same.

That $102 quoted from rock auto could well be for a set. There would be a heck of a lot more demand in the US with 300 mil ppl than here in NZ with 4 mil ppl, so economies of scale + exchange rate could make those cheaper than the same thing here.

Edit: buy 3 sets, split one box of 4 and sell a set of 6 on here at cost to other stroker builders, probably easier if you can afford it than persuading a retail chain to split a box of 4 in the first place.

KA24E, not KA24DE? ok, C/clip or P/Pin type?

set of 4, STD size, Press fit piston pin type, no rings, $97.22 NZD, set rings, STD size $64.49 NZD.

set of 4, STD, circlip piston pin retainer type is POA, but .50 over (MM, not half inch) is 95.40 NZ rings the same.

That $102 quoted from rock auto could well be for a set. There would be a heck of a lot more demand in the US with 300 mil ppl than here in NZ with 4 mil ppl, so economies of scale + exchange rate could make those cheaper than the same thing here.

Edit: buy 3 sets, split one box of 4 and sell a set of 6 on here at cost to other stroker builders, probably easier if you can afford it than persuading a retail chain to split a box of 4 in the first place.

Yes, the KA24E is a flat (nealry) top whereas the KA24DE is dished.

Pins, is one better than the other?

On the Rock Auto that price is per piston as well as the cost of rings on top of that! They are way expensive....I've seen sets of 4 for far less.

Catch of course is that I do not need 4, I need 6. I have considered buying three sets of 4 and splitting one like you suggested. Would prefer not to go that route though unless I have to.

• 8 years later...

I know the thread is old but it's a current problem.

Many of the old Nissan Parts # aren't available.

I found a few numbers but I am missing details for the parts:

zHome FAQ: 12101-40F10 flat tops

zcar.com forum: One guy ordered 12101-40F10 and got 12010-40F10 "They are 89mm and are flat tops. Is this a misprint or am i screwed. "

Available Pistons: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/1989-nissan-240sx/piston-crankshaft-flywheel.html?PNC=12010

12010-40F10      STD GRADE 1      07/1988-10/1988
12010-30R12     STD GRADE 3      10/1988-07/1990       Replaced by: A2010-30R12

Which one is correct as for 89 mm and flat tops or <6cc ?

Edited by Ereschkigal