HybridZ

Radical nose job

Chaparral2f

In a couple of months I should be ready to start to build the front clip for the Z31. Its going to be one piece tilt. I don't like way the front end looks, and I want a more inique front bumper and grill. I've tried a zenon aie dam, and ended up with what looked like a Z31 with a zenon air dam. Some people suggested going to a later model clip, but that's not any solution either. I could use any ideas, drawings, photos or whatever that anyone might have.

The Z31 needs a re-body kit. Even a replica of an exotic or classic would be nice. I bought that '84 Straman from John Washington a few years back and it's just sitting in a container waiting for me to get a good idea. Haven't had one yet.

Rory Bateman makes a Tomahawk body for the Z31 but it looks frumpy. Wrong windshield to wheels positioning for a Cobra.

Maybe something like a Lotus Elise? Or the nose off any late model Aston Martin? If you did a replica or custom nose there are tons of headlight options available now. Not just the OEM's but also the guys making custom headlight clusters for factory cars. Saw a lot of those at SEMA last week.

Doing a tilt front end adds another layer of complication to the mix. Why not just a pretty new front end in fiberglass that bolts on? Focus on making it look nice rather than engineering new hinges and latches and dealing with vibration and rubbing issues.

Once you have a nice fender/hood/nose set-up you could then convert that to a one piece later if you still had some motivation left. Too many cool projects don't get finished because more was bit off than could be chewed.

I like the idea of a new nose for the Z31. If done right it could generate a little excitement for one of the "less appreciated" Z cars.

kouki.style.auto.1.jpg

This airdam is real sexy imo...

all.rear.spoiler.jpg

Really Tiiigggghhht rear spoiler..

And heres where you can buy some wide fenders straight from japan...

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=5&car=75&middle=2&small=11

Combine all those ideas and shave the rear and it looks like your gonna have a really nice z31...

If you do this PLEASE TAKE PICS! I gotta see the finished product...