HybridZ

Rare/Interesting/cool Parts Thread

Sonethirty

.....don't get to see even rarely hear these LY's run!

Please get it right. That's not a genuine Nissan 'LY'.

It's what the guy who made it is calling a 'CF-L', and it's a hybridised single cam 12-valve hemi RB head ( with lots of extra casting work and machining )on an L-gata block.

And how does it differ in sound? I'm missing something here, other than the loud backfires...

Yeah, that was an 'odd' header, not your typical LY, but obviously a good enough attempt at a head conversion that it had most fooled! No big advertisements, and made from a SINGLE head. Probably easier than the other CF option everybody drools over here...

All it takes is time, money, and a willing engineering works and you can just about do anything you want.

Frankly, I like the look of this one, "very OEM-Like" the Red Wrinkle-Painted Valve Cover is a nice touch.

Sorry I keep it, I will gladly lend it if you would have been my neighbor, but you're really far from me.

Here is some EFI analyser for the previuos Z version.

I bet they will sold fast, seen I will post those links and they are at 60% off

Kent-Moore J-26350 (on ebay for $51.60)

Kent-Moore J-26350

Kent-Moore J-25400 (2 on ebay) (for $67.98 and 1 sold for 195$)

Kent-Moore J-25400 Sold

Kent-Moore J-25400

And the same has the one skib has post the Miller EFI (2 on ebay for $51.98-$56.98)

Miller EFI-1

Miller EFI-2

One tool I would like to get my hand on is the "Drive pinion setting gauge set" #KV381001S0 for the R200 Diff

Ref:(FSM 81-83 - PD-16, PD-28)

If anybody saw it or could be able to get hand on it, I'm realy intereted in it.

So let me know

KV381001S0.jpg

Edited by nismo_zxt

Sorry I keep it, I will gladly lend it if you would have been my neighbor, but you're really far from me.

Here is some EFI analyser for the previuos Z version.

I bet they will sold fast, seen I will post those links and they are at 60% off

figured as much :lol: worth a shot haha

thanks for the links.

They didn't use it in Japan for testing the EFI or ECCS. It was sourced through Kent-Moore USA by Nissan NA for distribution and sales to their authorized outlets.

We called them 'idiot boxes' at the time, almost anything they do, you can do with common electrical test instruments.

Frankly, I realized my CAS was bad using an O-Scope, when that damnable ECCS tester said it was good! :blink:

I digress...

Don't fall off your horse now, looks like quiet a drop.....

I'm on a chair. It just looks like a horse to you. Now be quite.

At any rate should the correction not be "the factory Nissan EFI system tester"

lol

Only if they moved the 'factory' to the USA while nobody was looking.....

All joking aside, when talking about S30-series Z cars 'the Factory' usually implies the Nissan Shatai plant at Hiratsuka, Kanagawa ken, Japan. And/or Nissan Motor Co. of Ginza, Tokyo ( now moved to Yokohama ) and its affiliates. Numerous components / sub assemblies came from various outside suppliers ( all of them in Japan, unless you know better...? ) and they too had their own 'factories', but when we talk about the 'Factory' it usually should mean Nissan Japan. A piece of service equipment sourced for convenience by NMC USA from a USA-based supplier is several stages away from 'Factory' any way you look at it.....

Nitpicking, splitting hairs, whatever. I think it's important to understand it, and to make the distinction. Just as it is important to strive to properly identify and understand the parts in threads such as this one. Without that, it's just internet rubbernecking.

I get it alot being a FACTORY Rep. The guys wear our name on their uniforms, and their customers say 'the factory guy said'...

At which point, I usually rudely interupt them and ask for a name. If it's not ME, or one of about 13 other FACTORY guys...you did NOT hear it from a factory guy, you heard it from a DISTRIBUTOR and that is a BIG learning curve difference (and informational access bridge to cover!)

I worked for "Brand Grey Box" in the USA and even the guys in our "HQ" back east would say we were 'the factory'...and I'd say 'We're a sales company' (Nissan Motor Sales USA comes to mind...) They would argue with me, but when it came down to it, and I asked the questions like "How many Engineers do we have working on NEW product (not engineered packages for an end user)?" or "How much engineering input did we have on the mechanical redesign on the new compression element?" When it was obviously "none" it became clear, we only sold stuff, and maybe engineered solutions to our market under the umbrella of the parent company in Europe. Same for NMC USA, they did the exact same thing, but didn't write corporate policy. That came from Japan.

I have to make the distinction, because it does make a difference. When the lawyers subpoena you... it REALLY makes a difference. Usually they won't get a distributor mechanic to testify, other than to what he did. For engineering, it comes to the parent company...i.e. 'The Factory Guy'... There are hundreds of "Nissan 'Factory Certified' Technicians" but the number of FACTORY SERVICE MECHANICS rarely was ever over 6 in the USA, and they received training directly from Nissan Japan. It bugs me to this day to hear guys say 'I was a Nissan Factory Mechanic for 20+ Years'---and NEVER did they receive a paycheck from NMC USA, or NMC Japan. If that wasn't who issued your paycheck buddy, you were a distribution mechanic (even if it was a company owned store!)

VW was VERY good at this differentiation (figure the Germans have regimentation and documentation)they would have a list of 'factory approved locally manufactured tools' and there were 'factory tools' which you bought from VW, and you didn't get access to them unless you were an authorized VW Distributor. "Factory Training" with VW was tremendous back in the 'old days' when the Air Cooled Machinery was still current.

I digress... :)

I'm on a chair. It just looks like a horse to you. Now be quite.

Well someone is quiet full of themselves.... :rolleyes:

Protip: You just look like an arse to just about everyone else.... ;)

P.S. Way to start bringing down a good thread. high five.