HybridZ
wigenOut-S30

Just got here

:mrgreen:have fun, and don't break anything!!

Almost too late for that Phil.

On the way down, Deja had an issue with his LT1, something to do with his Optispark unit, found him on the side of the road about 20 miles before the hotel exit. Planned on dropping my car at the hotel and going back to pick him up with my trailer and van, then suddenly, about a mile from the hotel exit, my van's plastic end tanked radiator (Cheap Ford Crap) decided to let go with an 8" crack horizontally, shredded the serpentine belt and barely made it to the hotel exit...steaming the whole way up the ramp and into the hotel parking lot.

Luckily, Austin (240Hoke) was not far behind me and was able to do the old swaparoo with his car and trailer.

Deja was able to locate parts at a local Advance store, so he got them. Hopefully that fixes his car in the a.m., if not later tonight.

I happened to have another belt in the van, but the radiator will have to wait until morning...luckily Advance has one of those in stock too.

I'm almost afraid to ask "What Next?"

Keep in mind, this is Friday the 13th...shoulda known better.

Hopefully everything will work out better tomorrow.

For now,

Warren

**EDIT** Update on Deja's car... Found a broken wire on one of the connectors on the front of the engine...soldered it back together and VROOM...fired right up.

**EDIT** Serpentine belt and radiator replaced on the van, we're ready to go.

My problem turned out to be pretty easy. The +12v wire going to the coil somehow broke off right at the connecter. Warren was able to use his key making machine the remove enough of the connector and give us enough wire to solder it back. Car fired right up.

However my transmission was not cooperating at the race. It would not shift fro 2nd to 3rd at WOT. The engine bounced off the rev limiter. I also have major traction problems with this new engine and my skinny street tire. I only made 2 runs neither with posting the results. Friday the 13th continued throughout the day with everyone having problems except Gabe who got is turbo beast into the 11's, congrats.

In spite of the problems I had a great time. To bad the turn out was so small.

Good point. He was flying high after his first run got him into the 11's. Warren also had a best time breaking well into the 12's, 12.62 I believe.

Gabe took his lumps over the last few months, he just got them out of the way!

Sounds like an ordeal. Glad you guys had fun. I hung drywall this weekend.

Had a GREAT time regardless of the breakdowns, on Friday, and Saturday... The turnout was lackluster at best, but nonetheless, THANKS to the diehards that did show up. It was great seeing them.

Congrats to Gabe on the 11's and whodathunk that my 3000 lb pig had mid-12's in it on low boost? Sorry for disappointing those that wanted to see more from of it.

ARP head studs and a metal gasket will fix what is ailing it I suppose...(haven't torn it down yet, but I'm pretty sure that it's a blown headgasket...no leaks, no water in the oil and nothing mechanically broken sounding... just a pffft pffft pffft while running an ALOT of smoke). I still haven't downloaded the data from that last run, so I don't know what boost it was, but I can tell you it was ALOT... The car was pulling H A R D on that run, until it let go.

Perhaps next time we'll get more out of ALL of them.

Sorry we didn't make it but I'm nursing the clutch and riverz ended up coming over on Sat to help work on my son's Fairlady--actually got her to fire and run for a few seconds but turns out we have to swap the EFI on the L26 that came in the car (EFI and E88 head doesn't play well together :wink:). I have to get the carbs rebuilt first though.

Grats Gabe on the run! Sounds like the new turbo is awesome and glad to see she held together for you; I presume you made it home safe. Sorry about the others and your mishaps but it seems all turned out well in the end.

Thanks for posting pics since we didn't get a chance to see the track early this year due to rain. Here's to next year/time! :cheers:

the footage i got... missed some goodies, mainly the $10,000 or less 240z beating the $40,000 GT500, and the maroon and silver Nova? that went up on two tires and hit the wall...

EDIT: and that nova...

i hope it wasn't this one....

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/0708ch_1966_chevy_nova/photo_01.html

the footage i got... missed some goodies, mainly the $10,000 or less 240z beating the $40,000 GT500, and the maroon and silver Nova? that went up on two tires and hit the wall...

EDIT: and that nova...

i hope it wasn't this one....

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/featuredvehicles/0708ch_1966_chevy_nova/photo_01.html

that was a GT500? heh wow.. he ran a 13.4 to my 11.9... I thought thoes things were faster then that!

that was a GT500? heh wow.. he ran a 13.4 to my 11.9... I thought thoes things were faster then that!

was definitely a supercharged GT??? something... with an automatic

seems like the car bogged down at the start... he might have had traction control on lol

Little update on my transmission not shiffting issue.

I talked to my PCM programmer about this and this is what he did.

He lowered the shift points for 2-3 shifts from 70 to 65. He did it in all of the files 90-100% TPS. I reprogrammed the PCM and took it for a test drive. It is spitting rain here so this was exciting! I took off at WOT and after getting the rear end under control, first gear was very exciting, I was able to stay on it though 2nd gear. The tranny shifted at around 65 mph into 3rd, no problem. I have shift light set (just in case I want to manually shift) at 5800 and the tranny shifted right after it came on. So now the big question is why. I may call TransGo later today and see what they have to say about this information.