HybridZ

Ls1 z32

SpartanZ32

• Administrators
Making very good progress on my Z32 LS1 project. No cutting of the firewall and/or the hood.

The T56 and LS1 (foam mockup block) have been temporarily installed! A few tweaks to my custom subframe, and I think I'm set!

Here's a pic of the mockup block with the T56 attached.

ls1mockup.th.jpg

This is VERY good news! :2thumbs: Looking forward to updates. :wink:

• 4 months later...

For those who are interested, my project is still in motion (although going slow due to my crazy work travels). I decided to take what I've already done myself (custom front crossmember, steering rack mounts, etc) to a hotrod shop a few hours from my house to have the motor mounts and other minor fab work completed. I'm pleased to say that as of yesterday, the LS1 and T56 are in the car.....with no cutting of the firewall! Had to use a custom bellhousing as well as a manual rack to work. A custom one-off oilpan is being built now, as all oil pans on the market hang too low.

Oil pan, wiring harness, driveshaft, headers, etc are next. I wonder when this car will be finished. haha

For those who are interested, my project is still in motion (although going slow due to my crazy work travels). I decided to take what I've already done myself (custom front crossmember, steering rack mounts, etc) to a hotrod shop a few hours from my house to have the motor mounts and other minor fab work completed. I'm pleased to say that as of yesterday, the LS1 and T56 are in the car.....with no cutting of the firewall! Had to use a custom bellhousing as well as a manual rack to work. A custom one-off oilpan is being built now, as all oil pans on the market hang too low.

Oil pan, wiring harness, driveshaft, headers, etc are next. I wonder when this car will be finished. haha

What bell housing ?? I would love to put my 6.2 in my old Z32 but I don't want to destroy my 100% perfect interior and to be honest I hate working under the dash of a car more than the dentist.

I'm actually working with my fabricator to build a few of the "kits" for anyone who may be interested. I dont want to jump the gun and make any promises....so I wont make any moves like that until my car is complete and running. But as it stands right now, over a years worth of designing, fabbing, and flat-out punching the wall in frustration, things are finally working out!!

I'm terrible at posting progress pics, but I'll do my best to keep this thread going with updates.

• 10 months later...