HybridZ

JDM huge fender flares

xCaLeBx

I have a 1983 280zx turbo 2+2 and plan on doing a crapload of custom stuff to it one of which was add these (theyll be going with a body kit I have (30th anniversary body kit) has anybody used these and made it look really good on here? theyre the JDM universal "huge fender flares" from zccjdm.com

1863_pd1073005_1.jpg

....theyre the JDM universal "huge fender flares" from zccjdm.com

the z they put it on

Those "universal" overfenders have absolutely nothing to do with the overfenders fitted to the black car in your picture.

The overfenders on the black car are derived from original Nissan 'Sports Option' parts ( similar to those used on the works Group 4 & Group 5 '240ZR' circuit race cars in Japan during the 1972~3 seasons ) and were designed and made specifically for the S30-series Z body.

Two completely different things.

I didn't mean to offend you or anything. If I did, I'm truly sorry. Just trying to prevent wrong info getting out. Some people might end up getting those flares just because they think it is the exact one shown and end up mad when they go to install it and find it slightly different. ZCCJDM has some great products and he's also a member here as well. He got a HKS surge tank that I want really bad and a ZG front available for those who are looking for one. I'm sure he has almost everything it takes or will have to make that exact kit one day. Once again, I'm sorry if I offended you.

Just a couple of more pics about that Black Z

s301.jpg

s302.jpg

And for reference to Montezuma's post (These are similar Works Flares) NOT Works Flares

sg240z044kf3.jpg

sg240z043so1.jpg

3.jpg

s30-2.jpg

well on zccjdm.com thats the pic along with a pic of a 240sx '95-'99 and they say that is them so my bad I was just taking the website at its word.

The zccjdm.com site is incorrect. Shirley anybody can see that front and rear are not the same, and that the overfenders on the 240SX and the Z pictured are not the same either.

Common sense has to be called into play at some point.......

Just trying to prevent wrong info getting out

Good intentions, but I fear we might be too late. Photos of that black car are all over the internet, and 99.99% of people who post photos of it seem to have no idea of where and what that 'look' originated from. People seem to be able to right-click-and-save photos to their hard drives, but don't read and remember the stories behind them. It's the modern malaise.

Speaking of which:

And for reference to Montezuma's post (These are similar Works Flares) NOT Works Flares

sg240z044kf3.jpg

sg240z043so1.jpg

The overfenders on the Spirit Garage car are 100% custom made, and are completely different in shape and style to any Nissan 'works' race car parts or Nissan 'Sports Option' parts, which are what the overfenders ( and the G-Nose / works Type B front spoiler ) on the black car originated from - even if they are several generations down the line.

By the way, do you recognise the name on those photos?

Alan T.

The name sounds familiar but I can't recall exactly who he is off the top of my head...I do know I'm very jealous that he was able to stand this close to the car and take those great photos of it. Just once in my life time I want to be as close as he was....hell, let me just sit in the car so I can check off my "Things Accomplished" in this life list :mrgreen:.