HybridZ

looking again for my old 260Z

Titus_RacerX

Lees260Z.jpg

It's been about a year since I last posted that I am looking for my old 260Z. The serial number is in my signature.

Sold in Georgia, but could be anywhere now!

Early 1974, Porsche India Red: clear over base, molded in flairs and tail, black stock interior, 4-bbl conversion kit.

I'd love to find her again!

Why don't you call the person you sold it too if you have their number and etc. there also might be a way to search for it using the VIN, maybe befriend a Police officer that could track it down?, find out who it is currently registered too?

Just some Ideas, hope I could help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oddly enough, there is a 260 behind a shop here in my home town that for years was sitting out on top of a cargo container set up very similar. It came down a few months ago and the hood was open, had triple webers on it. I will see if I can track it down tonight when I am at work...

It may not be the car, but sure seems to be close from the pictures.. Let me shoot you some personal history I know of the car (minimal) and how I found it.

For a few years, it was sitting on top of a rail cargo container in the back of a shop in Los Banos. It was a kids high school hot rod in the late 80's/early 90's. During my routine patrol stops, I always saw it up there.. Red, large whale tail, painted bumbers, etc. If it isn't the one, it will be a clone..

It has since been moved indoors, but from what I know, is still on the property. on one of the shops

I have tried bing, google earth and google maps to see it back there but no luck (you can see the outline of it on top of the cargo container)

If you wanted to call "Pacheco Power Center" in Los Banos, CA they may be able to help you with more information than I can get with the car in its present location.. Their contact information is ..

Pacheco Power Center

1560 East Pacheco Boulevard

Los Banos, CA 93635-4930

(209) 826-2575

I work nights and was hoping to get the vin and some pics, but no body is working there during those hours. If you would like to call them, they are good folks who would probably be willing to help.