I got a fuel injection problem

s!lvias30

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul, thanks for all your time and help.

Sammy, got it running. Swapped the harness, ECU and no go. Swapped the New EFI relay and she started right up.

He didn't try the old set up with the new ECU or swap back in the old ECU, but I have a feeling this was the last issue to resolve as we bypassed it originally as our last step.

• Administrators
Paul, thanks for all your time and help.

Sammy, got it running. Swapped the harness, ECU and no go. Swapped the New EFI relay and she started right up.

He didn't try the old set up with the new ECU or swap back in the old ECU, but I have a feeling this was the last issue to resolve as we bypassed it originally as our last step.

Great news! :2thumbs: Thank you for the update.

• 3 months later...

Jeff,

Is that what you are after? Got the exact numbers from another more legible '78 service manual. :wink:

78umb.jpg

Hello,

I've been reading pages of info on this topic but have yet to find the exact answer. From you post it sounds like you would be the person to ask.

I have a 78 with a carb setup. What I want to do is run the factory pump and wiring. I know of the 4 wire connector for the ECU and have heard of jumping a couple wires so the pump circuit is complete. I can't find which wires or if I'm even reading this right. Someone else also mentions the oil pressure sending unit completing the signal and that they had to do nothing under the dash.

Do I actually have to jump anything or add relays? It seemed at one time I was using the stock wiring after removing the EFI and the pump was running. Actually, it's been 10 years, I think it ran good for a while, then it just quit and I was not getting power to the pump. So now it's ran of a switched hot wire which I would like to do away with for safety reasons.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Matt