HybridZ

2JZ to Dogbox

JustinOlson

Pictures for the day. Ross Adapter plate vs Tilton Bellhousing. Two pictures of the internals of my GF4A transmission.

GF4A002.jpg

GF4A003.jpg

GF4A007.jpg

GF4A008.jpg

Most of the driveline parts have arrived and are sitting in the garage waiting for me to design the crank spacer and pilot bushing holder.

IMG_0116.jpg?t=1259224956

The idea is to ovalize the mounting holes on the flywheel and use a 0.025" wall thickness bushing around the 10mm 2JZ crank bolts. This will allow everything to bolt together with a simple spacer.

tiltonr07flywheel-2jzpattern-mod.jpg

Comparing my Chevy R07 Flywheel (8 bolt pattern) to the standard 2JZ crank pattern, it would apprear they are very close in dimensions. I will likely do a little bit of machining on the flywheel and use a simple spacer between the crank and flywheel. Here is a picture of my Boostwerks TH400 crank adapter overlaying my Tilton flywheel.

Separate:

IMG_0093.jpg

Flywheel Over Adapter:

IMG_0092.jpg

Adapter Over Flywheel:

IMG_0087.jpg

I did model the crank adapter for the GM 6 bolt pattern. This is NOT going to work without making the adapter plate two pieces. Too complicated for my liking. If you want to do a GM style trans, it looks like this method is the best bet anyway. I can bolt up any GM pattern transmission to my bellhousing. I can use Any Tilton or Quartermaster 7.25" clutch with this flywheel. It just seems to me that you open up a big can of worms trying to get non reverse mount starter applications supported. You could use the factory flex plate with the Toyota starter if you wanted to. This is the method most of the TH400 guys use.