HybridZ
PPIGT2

260Z Track Car Build(Recreation of My Dad's GT2 Race Car)

I had this brilliant idea to recreate my father's GT2 race car. The original Zcar he purchased was from Joel Anderson. Raced that car for many years at Sears Point, Laguna Seca, and several other tracks in CA. The only problem was that I was just a kid when he raced. Fast forward 20 something years and this here we are.

Picked up a 260z and the process begins.

My Father's Z

28GT2009.jpg

28GT2006.jpg

28GT2008.jpg

Not the best pictures but you can see what we want to achieve.

Us Now

28GT2010.jpg

28GT2019.jpg

My new toy...:):):):)

28GT2063.jpg

Got the rotisserie built and now all the fun work begins.

28GT2003.jpg

I will keep the updates coming

We want to run the same as his. Talk to Rebello on a complete motor just seems a little to high for my budget. Would love it. I have been running and STi so this drivetrain is new to me. Plus my dad hasn't work on Z since he sold his in 88. Most of those companies aren't around anymore. I will be learning a lot from this site. Would love to find a old GT2 race motor around.

You might consider buying an old ITS or GT2 race car to start with. Speaking from experience, it will cost a lot more money to build one from scratch. I guess the question is whether you're going to get enjoyment from building or driving the car. I'm about 6 years into mine, always waiting on parts, $$$, or time to work on it, and I can tell you that I wish I had started with a race car...

I haven't posted in a while.Been so busy with work then all the snow in Pittsburgh. No major updates. Car is on the rotisserie. Floor pans being removed and I did get a nice gift from my parents for Xmas. Arizona Z car is some pretty sweet stuff. Just need to get the coilovers and brakes and I'll be set. Spend the last couple of days scraping off the under coating...What a pain. Like my dad said

Weight is horsepower so get to scraping. Will follow with more updates sorry about the delay.

post-6268-12668434333928_thumb.jpg

post-6268-12668434556016_thumb.jpg

post-6268-12668434666578_thumb.jpg

post-6268-12668434819181_thumb.jpg

post-6268-12668435171561_thumb.jpg

post-6268-12668435345229_thumb.jpg

Finally back to work on the Z. Had about a 2 year delay since my last post. Car is at the body shop getting all the welding done and sand blasted. Should be there for a couple of months. One of our customers is doing all the work. Hope do have all a roller by August with all the brake and suspension done. Trying to decide on the Mckinney or AZC suspension. Have all the other suspension stuff from AZC so i will probably go that route. Will update with pics when i get some.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm quite positive there is no drive train part that is equally or more complicated than the STi.

I raise you a Mitsubishi 3000gt vr-4

I wonder if Bob Lentz still has his GT2 inline 6s now that he went to a VQ in his GT2 car.

The guys who used to run Datsun Dynamics might have a line on engines already built or can build a gt2 engine.

Thier current enterprise is auto expectations in sterling, VA.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Auto-Expectations/10150113583150347?sk=wall&filter=12

Edited by HowlerMonkey