HybridZ

260Z Track Car Build(Recreation of My Dad's GT2 Race Car)

I had this brilliant idea to recreate my father's GT2 race car. The original Zcar he purchased was from Joel Anderson. Raced that car for many years at Sears Point, Laguna Seca, and several other tracks in CA. The only problem was that I was just a kid when he raced. Fast forward 20 something years and this here we are.

Picked up a 260z and the process begins.

My Father's Z

28GT2009.jpg

28GT2006.jpg

28GT2008.jpg

Not the best pictures but you can see what we want to achieve.

Us Now

28GT2010.jpg

28GT2019.jpg

My new toy...:):):):)

28GT2063.jpg

Got the rotisserie built and now all the fun work begins.

28GT2003.jpg

I will keep the updates coming

We want to run the same as his. Talk to Rebello on a complete motor just seems a little to high for my budget. Would love it. I have been running and STi so this drivetrain is new to me. Plus my dad hasn't work on Z since he sold his in 88. Most of those companies aren't around anymore. I will be learning a lot from this site. Would love to find a old GT2 race motor around.

You might consider buying an old ITS or GT2 race car to start with. Speaking from experience, it will cost a lot more money to build one from scratch. I guess the question is whether you're going to get enjoyment from building or driving the car. I'm about 6 years into mine, always waiting on parts, $$$, or time to work on it, and I can tell you that I wish I had started with a race car...