HybridZ

WREAKED my 280z turbo!

Really you could still use that support. You will need at least a solid day worth of hammer work and some patients, you could get it mostly strait, then just glass it smooth its just that corner that's bent right? Welding a new one in may or may not be easier depending on the location and tools you have to do it.

Nevermind on reusing, looking at it, the damage is worse than I thought at first glance.

If it was just the top corner yes,but the bottom has the most damage.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I was just going to say, why don't you head to the nearest pick'n pull, and clip one out. but then I realized, crap you're in Puerto, so that may not be an option, Send me a PM, and I'll hook you up w/ the guy who runs NMZCC (Albuquerque ZCC) I know he's for about 15 Z's out in his barn, I'm sure he'd be willing to cut one out and send it to you, anlong w/ about any other parts you might need, Cheap!

Hey, I was just going to say, why don't you head to the nearest pick'n pull, and clip one out. but then I realized, crap you're in Puerto, so that may not be an option, Send me a PM, and I'll hook you up w/ the guy who runs NMZCC (Albuquerque ZCC) I know he's for about 15 Z's out in his barn, I'm sure he'd be willing to cut one out and send it to you, anlong w/ about any other parts you might need, Cheap!

Thanks Eric for the tip. Ive been to all junkers around here and called every junk yard in in P.R. and you know the answer NO! WHATS A DATSUN, A 280 WHAT Z, they have no idea about the classic Z. I`ll be getting in touch with NMZCC. thankZ.

I`ll be in the search section here on hybridz for a while looking for a walk through on replacing the core support. I have a friend here in P.R. with that same color goes by HOT CHOCOLATE. Here`s a few pics of his Z for inspiration CIMG4000.jpgCIMG3999.jpg He`s running Triple45mm.

Nice, I'll be getting rid of the baby-turd brown and going with a nice BMW Artic white.

Man that was a nice z . Its good that your okay . Hope you Fix it or get a new turbo beast.
The plans are to fix it back to or even better then it was. I already found someone to pull and install the core support.Now all i need is a good solid radiator support. NEED HELP GUYZ on this one.

Tough luck mate, thank god your son and your self made it out fine. Cars can be replaced, it sucks losing one but i'd much rather lose that than lose a son.
Thanks. That`s right "cars can be replaced", but not this Z. Pulled the radiator a bit and cranked the old Z, YES! this old Z is alive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awe man that sucks... On the Bright side, you get to fix/install badass parts!

Goodluck B)

Yea, I also found a shop that`s going to do the pulling and remove and reinstall the rad/support,plus lay a coat of primer,all for $250. The good thing about this shop is he`s allowing me to work with him. Now what shop allows that?