HybridZ

My new baby...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I am from the foot of the mountain there on 321, Lenoir.

Anyways welcome to the site, we are starting to get alot of NC members.

Me-Charlotte/Granite Falls

240Hoke - Mooresville

DavvyZ-Charlotte

Mark-Charlotte

BJhines

Several guys in the Triad area.

Don't forget the eastern NC guys - I don't know, I may be the only one up here. Just reading through and thought I'd chime in. :burnout:

Not quite sure on what the specs are.... other than shes running on panasport 16x7 with triple webers, canon intake, some kind of header, and other than that i have no idea. We are going to have a picture scavenger hunt as soon as i get the car back to try to id anything else i missed.

Rob

nice looking car, Paint is good, but hopefully there's not much wrong under the paint. Have you checked out all the common rust areas?

Oh, the lack of low end power is likely your ignition timing is a little off. get a timing light and check that. a ZX distributor is a nice upgrade, as is a ZX alternator.

What's that with the lights on the front. The lower fog lights look okay, but what are those orange ones where normal 280Z front parking lights go? little different looking

if you're going to leave the bumpers off, you might go find a 2nd grill set form another S30 and fit it below the upper on so the whole front is louvered. looks a little better that way, and your radiator is protected, instead of that open area.

It's your car tho, so Do what you will. we're just here to talk and offer suggestions, guidance, and hopefully save(or cause) you some headaches.

Phar

Edited by Pharaohabq
power?

Cool Z. There's a chance that Z used to live in Carrboro 20 years ago. I used to know a girl from the Boone-ish area who went to UNC and had a yellow Z that belonged to her father. What shop is looking at the Webers? If someone in a beat green 240 waves at you in town that'd be me.

• 1 month later...

Just got her back from the shop... boy oh boy do i love my yellow banana. As far as the girl that went to unc... you have any more details about her or anything you can recall? Im super interested in it's history and build. You wont see her around town too much yet since i havnt gotten her registered =(.... but... if your up in the wee hours.. she has 3 / 4 am runs through the countryside. Hope to see you on the road soon though

Regarding insurance, it's about $300/6 months through all-state for me. I had a reckless driving ticket (82 in a 65...LAME) almost 3 years ago, and because of that, I could not get collectors car insurance on my Z. After April though, I should be able to qualify. Through collectors car insurance my rate would have been $200/year.

What year is this, '74?

That is an interesting looking airdam and rear spoiler..(Unless its just a funny reflection off the yellow paint.) Could you possibly post more pictures??

Yellow is a tough color for a Z-car to pull off IMHO, but when it pulls it off it looks great. This one definitely pulls it off :2thumbs:

Just got her back from the shop... boy oh boy do i love my yellow banana. As far as the girl that went to unc... you have any more details about her or anything you can recall? Im super interested in it's history and build. You wont see her around town too much yet since i havnt gotten her registered =(.... but... if your up in the wee hours.. she has 3 / 4 am runs through the countryside. Hope to see you on the road soon though

Man that was 20 years ago. I was 19 and kind of wild, the memory is a bit fuzzy. I couldn't say for certain if it was hers, it just looks like what I remember. Who was working on your car? I like my usual mechanic but wold love to find someone a bit closer.

I just ended up taking it to my BMW mechanic. He does porcshe work as well. His rate is a bit steep but he is an old Z enthusiast and definitly got all the kinks out of her in no time. Its Automotive Solutions outside of chapel hill out on whitecross rd right off of 54.

As far as the timing goes i think i got it all sorted out... shes driving like a champ now.... i think i still need to get the carbs rejetted but otherwise she is doing wonderfull. Now i am just looking for an lsd to keep my rear end in check =)

I just ended up taking it to my BMW mechanic. He does porcshe work as well. His rate is a bit steep but he is an old Z enthusiast and definitly got all the kinks out of her in no time. Its Automotive Solutions outside of chapel hill out on whitecross rd right off of 54.

As far as the timing goes i think i got it all sorted out... shes driving like a champ now.... i think i still need to get the carbs rejetted but otherwise she is doing wonderfull. Now i am just looking for an lsd to keep my rear end in check =)

Tioga. I've know him since elementary school, great mechanic.