HybridZ

I have yet to find a sexier seat

icapture

I do think these are gonna be what I rest my butt in. Ive seen them fit in a Z before, and I just love the wings, I love how the lower part of the seat looks like a molded race seat (kind of like the carbon fiber seats found in some race cars) I love the narrow head rest, I just love it all. And at 500-600 bucks a seat they aren't too bad. I just have to find some reviews on how they stand the test of time.

DROOOL:

Picture3-6.png?t=1261168807

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Streeteg,

Dude you're not riding around the street with your unhelmeted head an inch from the unpadded roll bar you?And nobody's letting you on track without high density roll bar padding are they?Just hoping you take care of yourself.

He would need a halo bar for that to be a concern, the back of his seat is well forward of the roll bar.

those first seats look like Drift Blade's

http://www.shopdrift.com/Products/D1-3001/BladeSeat-Black.aspx

AFAIK that is in US dollars per seat, might wanna confirm though.

We sell them at work (approx $600AU each), and the quality is pretty damn good.

As someone said, they are a 'copy' of the R34 GT-R seats, and very comfortable too.

Hoov,

Roll bars in street cars are pretty questionable.Roll bars with no padding are always wrong.Roll bars are ment to be used in conjunction with helmets.Just because this car has no halo with its diagonal brace,doesn't mean there aren't bars in close enough proximity to contact the occupant's soft heads.These cars flex.That bottom mounted seat will surely flex.Harnesses stretch.The human body stretches.The hoop and diagonal brace are absolutely within range of the driver's and passenger's heads during even a relatively mild impact.

I just want people to be aware of these real dangers,and act to protect themselves.If someone makes an educated choice to ignore safe practices,that's their perogative.The world can always use organ donors.

Hoov,

Roll bars in street cars are pretty questionable.Roll bars with no padding are always wrong.Roll bars are ment to be used in conjunction with helmets.Just because this car has no halo with its diagonal brace,doesn't mean there aren't bars in close enough proximity to contact the occupant's soft heads.These cars flex.That bottom mounted seat will surely flex.Harnesses stretch.The human body stretches.The hoop and diagonal brace are absolutely within range of the driver's and passenger's heads during even a relatively mild impact.

I just want people to be aware of these real dangers,and act to protect themselves.If someone makes an educated choice to ignore safe practices,that's their perogative.The world can always use organ donors.

If he gets in a roll over or bad enough wreck with that roll bar, he's going to need more then padding to protect him, your over exaggerating the probabilities of what might happen in a wreck, yes the body stretches, yes the belts stretch, yes the seat mounts flex, nit the way you are making it sound, is like the car is specifically trying to kill him, that roll bar is most likely going to kill him in any serious wreck regardless. I have wrecked enough cars to know that a real roll bar positioned correctly is not going to be anywhere near your head in a wreck, unless the chassis itself starts collapsing.

LOL... TiZ was not talking about a rollover. ANY impact, even bumping a curb in a parking lot can kill you when your skull meets the tube.

Your car will not pass basic tech in that form for ANY DRIVING EVENT. The first thing that any trained driver notices is your lack of padding. You need to realize that WE do not consider that controversial, just ignorant.

Using a car with an unpadded roll bar is akin to hammering your lug nuts on, filling your tires with propane, PVC-plumbing gas lines, or turbo emblems on a Yugo(the yugo will kill you).

Your car will not pass basic tech in that form for ANY DRIVING EVENT. The first thing that any trained driver notices is your lack of padding. You need to realize that WE do not consider that controversial, just ignorant.

Just to be contrarian, I ran the autopower bar with no padding and did many track events and many autoxes and never had a problem in tech. POC, NASA, our local autox club, nobody ever even said anything about it. Now if it were a roll cage I wouldn't expect the same treatment, but for a bar that is entirely behind the seat (mine I think was mounted a little farther back than the one in the pic), no problem IME. I did have that nagging feeling that I should put padding on it, and my boss told me to put padding on it, but nobody who teched the car ever said a word.

Just to be contrarian, I ran the autopower bar with no padding and did many track events and many autoxes and never had a problem in tech. POC, NASA, our local autox club, nobody ever even said anything about it. Now if it were a roll cage I wouldn't expect the same treatment, but for a bar that is entirely behind the seat (mine I think was mounted a little farther back than the one in the pic), no problem IME. I did have that nagging feeling that I should put padding on it, and my boss told me to put padding on it, but nobody who teched the car ever said a word.

thank you sir.

Like TiZ, I should give up... Not my head.

You guys get soo into which seat you use(how it looks), yet you have not a care in the world for the rest of the picture.

You guys should keep in mind that there are a lot of people who notice this stuff and cringe. It reflects poorly on the builder and owner of the car.

The information you really need is:

seat width, rake angle, mounting point types, mounting height(headroom in situ), shoulder width(wide seats interfere with doors), padding type(can it be modified for fit?), weight, SFI/FIA ratings, belt opening locations and numbers. Then a general idea of owner's body dimensions/availble seat variations, and dealers/owners available for test-fitting.