HybridZ

Post your favorite Z other than your own.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the flesh! Click link in my sig for build thread :D

I've been looking through it quite a bit. It's pretty sick. (Though to be honest I would have been perfectly content with what you started with too. haha)

Definitely one of my favorites. Eventually I'd like to do something like that, but since I'm incredibly inexperienced I plan on starting with an L28ET.

Sonic blue was discontinued in 03, not started, I believe only the base model cars had it I. 1999-2002, and then the cobra was availible in 03

Correct! Sonic blue was available on the Base, GT, and Cobra in 2003 but not the Mach 1 or the Anniversary package. It's a righteous color for sure. Unfortunately OEM paint jobs tend to suck rather hard, and you could find quite a bit of orange peel on the mustangs (even the cobras sadly). I've seen the sonic blue color code repainted and it wears beautifully when done well with good clear coat.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. Sonic Blue is making a reappearance in the 2012 mustang though I think it might be a mid-year production appearance. But it HAS been announced by ford and will definitely be roaming the streets again.

Edited by Gollum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...