HybridZ

Post your favorite Z other than your own.

yhlz,

I have seen Thomas's two GTR s at Pettersen Motorworks in Chico CA. They are perfect. I knew he had a 432 but your photos are the first I have seen of it. Beautiful cars. Three S-20 in the United States at one show, quite a treat.

He has got to have cash laying around his bed. gosh, I wonder what he does for a living. Lend me $5,000? Im sure it wouldn't hurt. haha.

And gosh, the girl in the picture with Mr. K's Z is gorgeous. She seriously some how ended up in some of my photos. I noticed her during the show too. Anyone know who she is??? And I'm not an old perv. I'm just a bit older than her, in case any were wondering.

Edited by yhlz

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably gonna get a lot of hating for this one.

Yuta-Akaishi_Z.jpg

But Yuta's remains one of my favorites.

Flame suit on.

Sometimes, a little of form over function is all you need. For a street car, who cares how fast you can go? Low and slow. Slow is Pro.

Oh ok so is that yuta's current look? I honestly prefer how it was at first. With the black Hayashi Racing 505's it just looked alot better. Yuta and Miguel's z's are inspirations. I still prefer yuta's old wheels but hope the paint job makes it look better. Any updates on his car on any other forum or anything?

Sometimes, a little of form over function is all you need. For a street car, who cares how fast you can go? Low and slow. Slow is Pro.

As long as you don't mind being associated with low riders, the people with 30 inch rims on their lexus, and the honda guys with giant park bench size wings.

Cars can totally be about self-expression and I'm glad people can find a way to enjoy their cars. But I draw a very distinctive line in the sand between me and people who don't care about performance when they start modifying their car.

People like me are 100% Function>Form

Other people are 51% Form>Function

And that's all the separation I need to distinguish myself apart from them. Don't be fooled, I can appreciate the fabrication and thought that goes into some cars that are more form than function. Jesse James' gas tanks are about as little function as they get, but his bikes have a unique character and his fabrication is something to admire. It's just not something I'd want to own. :wink:

Well said Gollum. Besides, just because you have one ride that is form over function doesn't mean you don't have another car that is function over form. :) And just because your car is slammed, it doesn't always mean it is a lowrider or shopping-cart-wing honda. To each his own.

Im ok with it as long as the person doing it, does not think that their slammed ride will handle like a Ferrari. Now that is stupid.

yhlz,

I have seen Thomas's two GTR s at Pettersen Motorworks in Chico CA. They are perfect. I knew he had a 432 but your photos are the first I have seen of it. Beautiful cars. Three S-20 in the United States at one show, quite a treat.

I saw all three of them in his shop a little over a year ago, you guys don't even want to know what else was in there...

Every time I stop by it's pure automotive nirvana, it just doesn't get any better.

Oh ok so is that yuta's current look? I honestly prefer how it was at first. With the black Hayashi Racing 505's it just looked alot better. Yuta and Miguel's z's are inspirations. I still prefer yuta's old wheels but hope the paint job makes it look better. Any updates on his car on any other forum or anything?

Right now he's got it uninsured and he's not driving it. He just moved to Orange County I think and he's about to start rebuilding it for time attack or something like that. Right now he's dailying a civic so he can do a swap in the Z and a cage and stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Id have to say the OS Giken Fairlady. RHD with the Stroked DOHC, and stacked carbs. Things i would change just cause id would if i had the time and the money; First change out the carbs to a ITB system, and the dizzy to a COP ignition system. GT35R turbo, and change out the stock tranny to a Z32. I know for you purests out there this is just horrible, and if i had to save for 2 lifetimes i would appreciate it just a tad more. But like i said if i had the money just laying around i would.

post-12905-070718300 1320056083_thumb.jpg