HybridZ

BlueOvalZ - CarDomain's SOTY?

ZWOLF

Thanks everyone for their ongoing support.

Today was turbulent. BlueOvalZ started at 44% of the vote. Since noon the BOZ has lost 5% while the Mustang has picked up 9% and still climbing.

We have identified their methods and for ethical reasons have chosen not to duplicate them.

This poll ends on Thursday night, but are looking to maintain our margin and make a Z car "Show Off of the Year"

If you have not voted please take a moment make your opinion count.

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/12/22/peoples-choice-2009/

1 vote per 24 hr. period.

Thanks for your help!!

P.S. -Nissan is still #1 in the manufacturers category!

Thanks for the support guys, it is very heartening. Berry provided some data to create the graph and explanation shown at the link below (post #18 of the string).

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=313150

Roger's explanation of the results is one that has failed to be addressed by anybody associated with this contest, yet such a drastic increase in such a short window is extremely impractical unless manipulation was involved. Overall, I feel bad for everyone that supported and voted for any and all of the 5 candidates because the lack of any security in the poll (choice of cheapest polling product) allowed manipulation by simply removing the cookies, and then voting...click...click...click...over and over again. All that effort and no validity. We tried to prompt discussion on the Reader's Choice blog of the voting situation, but surprisingly most responses addressed personal car issues with no concern over the perceived ballot stuffing. Yes, I am a bit naive in that my expectations of our automotive brethren is fairly high (re-setting those expectations now) in that I would assume the big picture is ultimately more important than whether 'my wheels deserve to be in the poll instead of the ricer wheels' type of comments made.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its kinda funny... one of the members says "it shows what a big family we are". Well... If you vote like 20 times, wouldn't that make it like a weird southern inbred family? Any one can add bolt on's to a mustang, yes it's a sharp looking car, but nowhere near the time investment or quality of the BOZ.

Thanks Guys for all of the support during...and now after the contest.

This is a graph that we supplied to CD during the contest to illustrate what occurred, and questioned the validity of voting.

cdgraph.png

As you can see by comparing the information in the previously supplied (#28 above) links. We were dead on in our assessment that "Ballot Stuffing" was occurring.

There is a certain satisfaction that up until the cheating started the BOZ was the "Peoples Choice" by a margin of 2-1.

And...our morality is still intact.

Funny how they just say 'we're just a big family, they're hurt cause there's so much of us'. They clearly raped the system by tricking it into thinking they hadn't voted yet, voting as many times as they had time to do. You had a steady amount of voting from the CD community & hybridz, they had jack all from CD until those guys on their forum decided to totally abuse the voting system.