HybridZ

The Virtue Z

Tanuki

hey nice to find you guys here.

I love the hood like that bro.

Gives it a little funck to the vibes hehe.Sweet.

Well thank you! I clear coated it today in fact! I also started prepping the motor to go in, but have to hang ups; 1) I can't for the life of me get the oem oil pan off, and 2) The motor mount on the driver side is under the turbo so I will have to remove all of that to take the mount off and change it. I

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so here it is on the car. I wanted to see it on the car, and really dont have room for it in my office anymore!

DSC_0071-1.jpg

Also I need these lines, they seem to have been crushed in transit. Any ideas on the best place to get them?

1-31.jpg

1-32.jpg

Guess what? I put the Oil Pan on today! And aside from a bolt hole or two, it fit perfect. Not bad for a custom pan made by a guy that doesnt even have the same motor! It was hard because he used a different set of holes than the ones the original pan used. Next question, why would that motor have two sets of OEM oil pan holes? Very strange indeed. Probably because they use that block with a few different cars?

P1020589.jpg

P1020590.jpg

P1020594.jpg

BIG THANKS TO MICAH FOR GETTING THAT WRETCHED STOCK PAN OFF!

looks great Tanuki, I glad everything worked. Now I can sleep tonight LOL. I think nissan put two different oil pan mounting holes because of some of the vehicles were all wheel drive and needed the aluninum oil pan with the diff in the pan and some were not. But who knows. I know Mazda does some wierd stuff like this. It was nice chatting with you on the phone Saturday night.

I pm'ed you. I see you could not put them in with the trans connected right?

Yeah I was being lazy. I will disconnect the trans before I put it all in and put those last few bolts in. There were a couple of bolt holes that really didn't line up, but I did want to put the rears in.

• 1 month later...

As you can see, the Poor little z came out for a bit today.

P1030153.jpg

The Motor mounts dont line up to the block though so on one side only three bolts will go in. Pretty strange seeing as Mckinney made the mounts for that specific car! Anyways IT is in just enough for the move, then it will have to come back out, have a bunch of lines replaced, etc etc.

P1030151.jpg

P1030157.jpg

I suppose the most comforting part is that the transmission actual lines up so I wont have to cut it out to have a shifter!

• 1 month later...

^a bit of my roots i suppose? Tanukis are about the coolest mythological creature in japanese story telling imo. There is a bit of everything in there though.

So guess what my wife and I did today?

IMG_1114.jpg

Yeah she and I got this bad boy back in. Mckinney overnighted me a new mount and told me the old one was the worst built one they have seen in 8 years of making these! I am very proud of how well she did! Aside from a spark plug change on a ae86 this is her first real mechanic work!

What did you do about the messed up hard lines? I think I may have a set in good cond. LMK if you need them...

I do need them still. Its just the ones I showed though. I tried buying them from a guy on the usa skylines site and he wanted liek 50$ just for shipping!

Lmk price and shipping to 84095.

Thanks!