HybridZ

How much does the S130 share with the 510?

kiwi303

I've seen posts about using modified 510 struts for the S130, and a few other posts along lines of sharing 510/S130 parts, and pics of the rear trailing arms look similar.

But just how much do the two models actually share?

I'm wondering how much of the Datsun 1600 (510 in Aussie/NZ) stuff on this site http://www.maddat.com.au/1600.php might be useful in the S130

• Administrators
I've seen posts about using modified 510 struts for the S130...

I can't imagine why anyone would do that. It's popular to use the S130 struts on a 510, though... vented rotors, larger calipers, and more robust wheel bearings.

and a few other posts along lines of sharing 510/S130 parts, and pics of the rear trailing arms look similar.

My tape measure says the S130 control arms will bolt up to a 510. However, the track width becomes significantly wider and there is no spring perch (S130 is coil-over).

I realize I'm not exactly answering your questions, but hopefully giving you something you can use for deduction purposes.

Thanks for that guys, The reason I am asking is the MadDat site has Commodore and mazda brake kits for datsuns, 274mm or 280mm vented and slotted front brakes with S4 RX7 calipers...

Being Aussie the dollar is closer than the USD at the moment, and with the CER (closer economic relations) treaty, importing from Aussie is exempt duty, while importing Modern motorsports, ground control, techno toy tuning, etc, systems would attract 12.5% duty on automotive parts.

Plus shipping from the wst island is cheaper than across the pacific :P

The rear trailing arms are an almost identical system... That being said the actual parts interchange is what has been stated here s130to 510 is doable but not vice versa. I have found some nice suspension upgrade "Ideas" from 510 sites but not crossover parts, if that makes any sense.( There are some rear trailing arm camber/toe adjustment parts that can be installed to an s130 with minimal fabrication.)

Jason