and 4x4.5" bolt pattern. Currently the schedule for that wheel is for

it to be available in April/ May. The price will be $190ea. that will

include a cap, lugs and valve stems. The 14x7 is scheduled to be

available later this year.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards

Terry

• 11 months later...

Unfortunately those wheels are not correct for the race Z cars. The wheels used on the BRE cars and Ron Carters replica are a different design. They did however make a skinny street wheel for the z that was a libra design.

Unfortunately those wheels are not correct for the race Z cars. The wheels used on the BRE cars and Ron Carters replica are a different design. They did however make a skinny street wheel for the z that was a libra design.

Why are they not correct? Will they not fit?

I've held these in my hand...a 14" that is. Seems like a nice wheel...relatively lightweight and the finish was very nice. Hap at Acme is a local distributor and had some in a while back...before the 15" were available. I was holding out to get a set of these 15" but always wanted a set of BBS wheels...I couldn't stand the wait so I bought a set of vintage BBS's. The silver retro4 is painted - not raw aluminum like the originals - then the whole wheel is cleared.

Why are they not correct? Will they not fit?

Those should fit just fine. Just different style. Yours are a copy of the 13" wheel they used on the Datsun 510's for racing back in the day.

See the wheels on Rons car and you will see the correct style. Not many people left alive that remember the BRE Z wheel.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15535

Those should fit just fine. Just different style. Yours are a copy of the 13" wheel they used on the Datsun 510's for racing back in the day.

See the wheels on Rons car and you will see the correct style. Not many people left alive that remember the BRE Z wheel.

http://www.classiczc...php?photo=15535

So what's your point? I'm not building a BRE replica or a Bob Sharp replica. If you do your homework, you'll find that Pete Brock and the BRE team used more than one style of rim on their cars. And the Libre was available in 14's. I don't know about 15's though.

It's my car and I can put any wheel on it I want.

The dude is just trying to say if you're looking to get the wheels because you think they are ounce for ounce replicas of the originals you should reconsider.

If you're not that's fine too.

I don't expect them to be a 100% replica. I expect them to look good on my 240z. I hope that they are light and sturdy for track purposes (road racing). There aren't very many wheels in current production that look good, in my opinion, and are well suited for the track, and are in my budget. Most of the used wheels I would consider end up being outside my price range.

The dude is just trying to say if you're looking to get the wheels because you think they are ounce for ounce replicas of the originals you should reconsider.

If you're not that's fine too.

Correct! Plus they were used on many club Z racers of the day. Not just BRE.

Now I remember, they were called the LeMans wheel. Same company made them.

Correct! Plus they were used on many club Z racers of the day. Not just BRE.

Now I remember, they were called the LeMans wheel. Same company made them.

The Retro-4 is not a LeMans copy, it's a Libre copy. The LeMans wheel was also used by BRE and was popular on Z's and other cars. Real pricey wheel that LeMans. The LeMans looks like a 4-spoke version of the Thrust. I personally like the look of the Libre better, but thats just an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Our new VTO Retro-4 wheels arrived Saturday while we were at the track. These are the 15x7 zero offset. Man-o-man do they look good. We won't be able to mount them up for a couple of weeks yet.

Here's a few pictures of them.

P1130001.jpg

This type of deep black is always hard to photograph.

P1130002.jpg

We bought the wheel lugs with the wheels and that included rubber valve stems and a chrome stem cover. I'm using a bent Q-Tip to hold the valve stem cover in place. The lugs are recessed.

P1130003.jpg

P1130010-C.jpg

The wheels have a tapered steel insert pressed in for the lugs to mate with. This helps the wheels last longer.

P1130012-C.jpg

P1130028.jpg

Chrome plated steel tapered lugs.

Because of the rules of the club we race with, we can't use the center caps. Also, we will need to machine the cap off of the lugs to allow our longer studs to pass through. As per our club rules, we have replaced the stock studs with longer studs. The studs must always be longer than the lugs. This allows for quick proof of full thread engagement.

• 4 weeks later...