chris556452

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I've just hurt myself.

The OM606 is a nasty little motor. 24 valve dohc, the newest, non US OM's had DI...

In finland these little meanies can be seen in some seriously quick Diesel sedans.

And of course after a little Youtube investigation, this video came out of Finland.

Or me for that matter....I *do* have that '78 that's going to be a diesel anyways....

You could kill two birds with one stone... Mercedes and Diesel...

And I've already decided I will one day have an OM powered sedan. I'll never be not broke.

But hey... it only has about 450hp and 700nm. :mrgreen:

It could easily make 500hp and 800nm by little changes.

Only in Finland. :wink:

Here we are side by side. :mrgreen:

So which one is quicker?

I'll be back on Friday. I'm currently finishing my x-mas vacation and hijacking people computers to get my HBZ fix.

Anyway, how does the 722.3 hold up under 750nm of abuse?

Cool. When you get back, gimme a list of the transmissions you're looking at, and I can get prices/power ratings on them.

I have to say that diesel-Z is faster so far. I haven't got a change to test with drag slicks. I have more power and torque but that autotrans helps also in that diesel. :)

That mercedes trans has been modified little and it handles that torque well.

• 2 weeks later...

Diesel reputation be damned, that's sick!!!

It's so truly unfortunate that diesel engines are so well known in the states for their smell, noise, and lack of power. VW seems to be trying hard to change that reputation in the states, and I hope they succeed.

Anyone know how much that benz diesel weighs? (for real, that is)

Diesel reputation be damned, that's sick!!!

Anyone know how much that benz diesel weighs? (for real, that is)

With that trans and diesel engine, it's almost the same than the stock combo.. if I remember correct that it was +20kilograms with that mercedes combo.

With that trans and diesel engine, it's almost the same than the stock combo.. if I remember correct that it was +20kilograms with that mercedes combo.

:shock: !!! The M104 is lighter. Good news. Do you know how much power is left in his motor before he needs a bigger injection pump or he grenades the bottom end?