Mercedes diesel in 240z

chris556452

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what is in the 240D. Unless you get an 85+ 240D, then it's an OM602. Both are great engines.

I will be the first one to congratulate you if you can kill one.

Just get a Myna modified pump (what that youtube video had most likely) and your choice of holset and it should scare you senseless.

That's what is in the 240D. Unless you get an 85+ 240D, then it's an OM602. Both are great engines.

Just get a Myna modified pump (what that youtube video had most likely) and your choice of holset and it should scare you senseless.

Ask my sister, she ran one with half a quart of oil for a year, before she put it into a wall.

how complex are the pistons inside the IP? we have a 3-axis Fadal here at school, and a handful of CNC lathes. I know calibrating the pump is where the difficulty comes in, but if i can grab a handful of IP's from a junkyard i can always try trial and error of modding it myself. I know these things are like clock work but im a bit hesitant to fork over more than a grand over to Finland for an IP.

I honestly have no Idea. I know that the euro pumps are different than our pumps and are more easy to modify, but past that I haven't really looked into this whole pump jazz. I do know that if you start up a pump company in the states there is some money to be had.

how complex are the pistons inside the IP? we have a 3-axis Fadal here at school, and a handful of CNC lathes. I know calibrating the pump is where the difficulty comes in, but if i can grab a handful of IP's from a junkyard i can always try trial and error of modding it myself. I know these things are like clock work but im a bit hesitant to fork over more than a grand over to Finland for an IP.

.....In a week or so I might PM you for an address to send a large box ;)

and on that vein, what IPs would be *most* useful to have pulled apart and modded?

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/myna-diesel-pump-for-sale-t-1093.html

i think myna-diesel is the finland based company that mods them?

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/ip-full-load-adjustment-procedure-for-mw-pumps-t-189.html

and based on this it can be found on the OM602/3 Americans since it only lists the OM61x (i.e. OM617) being on the "european" models... I'll keep looking for more info. I would really love to see what makes these things tick.

Edit: JACKPOT! http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pZMMSqp3uSZdyqyAJ0XqRCA list of all the bosch pumps for all the cars and it's serial number...woot

Edited by Maverick101
Jackpot

• 5 years later...