HybridZ

Just finished s13 coilovers into s30

The serial9 adapters are not universal. They were made to fit Stance coils. You'll have to verify that the threads are correct for your specific coils.

And anyway, why pay $500 for 4 tubes of steel? It's insanity.. these adapters were really made for cressida owners who just need 2 to do their specific conversions..

I just got off the phone with EMUSA and they will not sell just the perches. The perches that were picked up were more than likely off a damage set, of which they do not currently have.

I did however mention buying two front pairs and this is something that could be done, however it would have to be a group buy to make it happen. I do not have an exact number that would be needed to make a purchased.

How many people would be interested in something like this?

One concern I have, is using a front coilover in the rear.

Considering we are using China crap, there maybe no difference. I know the spring rate will be the same as the front, but I am considering going with a different spring anyhow.

Let me know what you think, or if there is a better alternative (with a budget in mind).

Thanks,

-Andy

I just got off the phone with EMUSA and they will not sell just the perches. The perches that were picked up were more than likely off a damage set, of which they do not currently have.

I did however mention buying two front pairs and this is something that could be done, however it would have to be a group buy to make it happen. I do not have an exact number that would be needed to make a purchased.

How many people would be interested in something like this?

One concern I have, is using a front coilover in the rear.

Considering we are using China crap, there maybe no difference. I know the spring rate will be the same as the front, but I am considering going with a different spring anyhow.

Let me know what you think, or if there is a better alternative (with a budget in mind).

Thanks,

-Andy

Hm that may be the case, as the pair I ordered had some scratches on them. You can try contacting my guy to see if you he can get them for you. I forgot his number but here's his craigslist ad email: sale-84kmy-1547950594@craigslist.org (hope this is ok per forum rules).

If you can't source another pair of fronts, you can always try to find s13 coilovers with steel perches all around. Just make sure the ID is 2". You will also need to cut off the mounting portion on the rear perches too. The trouble with this though, is that most coilovers with steel perches all around are much more expensive. However, with this route you'll have a much better set of coilovers with dampening adjustment and etc, and you'll still pay less than the available z coilover conversion kits.

I'm sure EMUSA is made in taiwan just like all the other megan copies, which are not necessarily crap for street use. Track use, I'm not sure. But I have seen megan coils tracked.

You COULD use front coilovers all around, but the height adjust ability may become disproportionate front to rear due to the difference in shock body length. (ie the rears wont go as high as the fronts, etc).

However you could work around this by cutting LESS of the strut tube in the rear, so that the coilover sits higher than the front. The reason I didn't do this is because I didn't want to risk having my welds fail mid-strut and having it all drop. By having the perches pressed all the way down to the spindle, there is extra protection as the load is directly applied to the spindle, as it was designed to be.

That and the spring rates would be the same around.

*EDITED with more info

Wow, looks great.

Off topic, but what is the specs on you rims, i.e. offset/width?

Also, hows the ride quality? Those coilovers prolly have some high spring rates.

I am thinking cheap ebay coilovers and replacing the springs for a more streetable set-up.

Also, where did you find the extra front lower mounts used for the rear?

Sorry I missed your inquiry. The wheels are 15x8 -25 Eagle wheels. This size won't fit without rubbing in the rear if you're as low as I am, you'll need flares.

I might give him a call. Thanks for the info.

About the difference in coilover body length, couldn't this be remedied by leaving more of the existing strut tube?

Oh, and what are the specs on your wheels?

Thanks in advance

I edited the post with more info. You could leave more of the strut uncut, but you'll have to be sure your welds will hold as the coilovers won't be sitting on the base of the spindle anymore...

Edit - oh and you could use the s13 top hats if you do some cutting I think. I just didn't need to do it for my street purposes.

Can you drive to my house so I can take and post up pictures? Or would you like to take care of this by yourself?

What photos would you all like? I don't see much else to take photos of, unless more photos of the disassembly/re-assembly is wanted, which I won't do haha since it was such a laborous ordeal to remove the rear assembly with only hand tools and no help.

*Also my setup is now welded on so I can't disassemble anyway.

I sure I know how you went about this. But if its not to much troble could you take off a wheel in the front and rear, take pictures of the suspention ie.. Were the coilovers are welded to the hubs, were they blot to the body and overalls? Im not trying to be an a$$, Im just trying to have some closure. Thank you for your time and good day.

I sure I know how you went about this. But if its not to much troble could you take off a wheel in the front and rear, take pictures of the suspention ie.. Were the coilovers are welded to the hubs, were they blot to the body and overalls? Im not trying to be an a$$, Im just trying to have some closure. Thank you for your time and good day.

Oh no worries. My camera sucks and turns on when it feels like it.

But, the weld is just like seen here, in this serial9 adapter install found at http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/2/2006740 (this isn't an install into an s30, but the idea is exactly the same)

Pressed down to spindle:

DSC01796.jpg

Welded:

DSC01797.jpg

Looks like the best your going to get right now is pics copied from this thread http://z31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8487

Yuta has done similar to his car, and his car is considered the lowers S30 ever lol

http://yuta-akaishi.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-got-pics.html

*just wait til he paints that thing

This is a pretty cool thread, yeah i bet you can clean those up real nice if you have the time, cut off the s13 mounts and paint them. Yes please weld them though, the vibrations from driving will knock those right out if they are just pressed in.

Yuta has done similar to his car, and his car is considered the lowers S30 ever lol

http://yuta-akaishi.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-got-pics.html

*just wait til he paints that thing

This is a pretty cool thread, yeah i bet you can clean those up real nice if you have the time, cut off the s13 mounts and paint them. Yes please weld them though, the vibrations from driving will knock those right out if they are just pressed in.

Yeah I saw his car in person and I followed his blog, and did it myself after lookin at what he did, but with a few alterations to his method (my goal was not super dumpage).

I have since welded em :)

Fitted some new wheels, lowered it a bit more, and redid my steering wheel, and yes I am aware my fender is a different color, I'll be repainting soon

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg