HybridZ

Just finished s13 coilovers into s30

jeez guys, why are you using such shitty coilovers?

I've seen cars with godspeeds drive in real life on the street and they bounce around like crazy and ride like ass.

Sounds like the typical drift / slammed ride. I'm sure they just set the ride height as low as it could go and then set the dampening to full hard. I have the megan s13 tracks using the adapter kit from zccjdm and my car's frame is pretty tweaked from previous owners.When the sr20 went in the balance of the car was horrible. It would just push through turns and was just very inconsistent. After the install I could finally get it corner balanced and it handles much better compared to a typical 5way lowering spring combo. Much like TheMission stated it's definitely a progressive improvement over stock, and for 75% of the owners it will be more than enough.

Edited by ashintar

No, the cars I've seen were FAR from low, and didn't have the adjustable Godspeeds (which still suck)

They'll be fine until 2 months to a year from the install when they blow out.

I hope everyone that gets emotors or godspeeds enjooys bouncing out of their seats when they hit bumps.

No, the cars I've seen were FAR from low, and didn't have the adjustable Godspeeds (which still suck)

They'll be fine until 2 months to a year from the install when they blow out.

I hope everyone that gets emotors or godspeeds enjooys bouncing out of their seats when they hit bumps.

Since you can see the future how much time is that in track days? 2-3? I get pretty aggressive with the rumble strips too hopping them during the time attack laps.

• 5 months later...

So the 240/260 struts are of the same length, just the 280 are longer?

No, the front struts of the early 260Z are slightly longer and have a lower spring perch than the 240Z. The rear struts of the 240Z and early 260Z are the same. I think the late 260Z has the same tubes as a 280Z.

• 1 year later...