HybridZ

About to pull the trigger, need some suggestions...

DeLorean

I have a '73 240Z with an L24 that is getting harder to use daily. I have always wanted to swap to RB power and I am now seriously considering it but of course have some reservations. I guess I am in need of some advice from the guys on this board that have done this and know more than I ever will.

I want an RB25DET and it looks like I can get the motor, trans, ecu and harness for about $1800. I know I will need motor/trans mounts and a custom driveshaft, which I will get from Mckinney or maybe fabricate. For now I will also have an intake manifold made as the Greddy one is a little rich for my blood. The guy who'll be helping me with this build is very technically able, he was a audi/vw/porshce mechanic and out of the stuff I have run by him, he seems excited to tackle this swap. I have been reading threads on this page like mad, and I am a little unclear on just a few things and want some clarification.

You guessed it, the oil pan. I know I need a rear sump. I know that the 200ZR pans are no longer available. What I do not understand is exactly what I need to get and what I need to make.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-RB20DET-RB25DET-RB26DETT-Oil-Pan-New-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c049fbb6cQQitemZ120336661356QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_485wt_1183

Is that the pan I need, and then I need a rear sump? I'm sorry, I know I am asking something that has been asked a thousand times, but if I had found the answer, I wouldn't ask. I have more questions, but this is the one that bugs me every time I think about the swap. I appreciate any help you guys can give me, thanks in advance.

That would be very helpful, how much would you charge? Also, how long do you think the pan will take to complete? So with this pan, will I need anything else to convert it to rear sump? I am absolutley interested, this is the hardest part of the swap so far, granted I haven't even really started haha.

That would be very helpful, how much would you charge? Also, how long do you think the pan will take to complete? So with this pan, will I need anything else to convert it to rear sump? I am absolutley interested, this is the hardest part of the swap so far, granted I haven't even really started haha.

I charge 400.00 for the rear wheel drive block and 500.00 for the all wheel drive block. The all wheel drive blocks come with a aluminum pan and the pickup is in a different place. I will need your old steel oil pan and pick up. I cut up the old pan and I only use the flange to keep the price down. I am working on trying to fab up my own flange but it's hard to keep the price down.

for the prices above it includes the following

-- custom steel rear sump oil pan with a trap door baffles

-- a modified pick up to work in the rear sump pan

-- a tube of sealant to seal the pan to the block

This sealant is the best sealant I have ever used I have been working on cars for the last 16+ years for a living and this is the best stuff I have ever used.

I will supply pictures of all the work as I did in on the thread above

My turn around time is about 7-10 days usually faster depending if the wife and kids leave me alone:mrgreen:. I guess it all depends how fast you need it. I could get the rwd pan done in a couple days

this is all you will need for the oil pan stuff

If you have any questions please let me know

That all sounds good, I don't have the motor yet, still doing some research and planning. You said you could make motor mounts too? How much would you charge for those? Mckinney charges 475 I think, but if you can do it cheaper I might go with them.

That all sounds good, I don't have the motor yet, still doing some research and planning. You said you could make motor mounts too? How much would you charge for those? Mckinney charges 475 I think, but if you can do it cheaper I might go with them.

I can build motor mounts.That won't be a problem but I would need a wood template that I could copy over to steel.

I made my first oil pan flange last night so I don't need the old oil pan. I'm going to start building a oil pan for a rear wheel drive block so if anybody needs one just let me know.

Those pans will also work on a RB30 block yes? If so... I may be inetersted.