HybridZ

Spoilers

John Scott

I talked the the folks at Motorsport and really like the rear deck lid spoiler they have. It is taller than the BRE style and they claim it will add some good downforce. They also claim it needs to be blended into the body or it looks like crap! I've seen so many 'glass attempts gone wrong, peeling, cracking, spiderwebbing of paint, etc. it scares me. Anyone have a fool proof method of permanently bonding this to my deck lid? I don't want any problems downt the road. Thanks!

JS

Guest Anonymous

From my experance with molding on body parts is most people dont prepair the bonding surface properly. Anywhere you are gonna lay glass cloth and spread resin it must be rough,40 grit grind, this will stop the "peeling". Most cracking happens if you mix your resin to "hot". If you mix to cold the resin will take forever to harden and usally ball up and melt when you try to sand it . Clean the edges well and feather with paste filler and you should be ok. But remember, resin wont stick very long to anything to slick!!!

------------------

74 260, early 350,K.B.pistons,edelbrock manifold,carb,and cam,202 cast iron heads.Let the transformation begin.