HybridZ

Post pics of your z's here!!

terrorizer805

Hey Guys,

My name is Andy, I am new to this site, but I have owned a 240z since I could drive. I am 21 years old. Here is a picture (was taken a while ago) of my 240z.

It is currently off the road for the winter so I am taking the time to build a nice l28 this winter, with a possible turbo application in the summer. I have done ALL of the work to the car myself. I'll probably have a TON of questions to ask regarding the switch from those damned flat top SU carbs to fuel injection haha! Right now the engine is pulled and being machined so I can refresh the car with new pistons rings, etc.

take care all!

flare6.jpg

Hey Guys,

My name is Andy, I am new to this site, but I have owned a 240z since I could drive. I am 21 years old. Here is a picture (was taken a while ago) of my 240z.

It is currently off the road for the winter so I am taking the time to build a nice l28 this winter, with a possible turbo application in the summer. I have done ALL of the work to the car myself. I'll probably have a TON of questions to ask regarding the switch from those damned flat top SU carbs to fuel injection haha! Right now the engine is pulled and being machined so I can refresh the car with new pistons rings, etc.

take care all!

If you need any of the fuel injection setup, we took everything off of a L28 motor and made it carbuerated. The motor had around 35 original miles on it (and was sitting clean since it was pulled off the lot and apparently rear-ended). My dad knows more about it than I do, but if you want to buy the setup, wiring, computer, or anything like that, let me know.

She's pretty sad right now, half disassembled, not running, with ugly paint. Oh well. 600 dollars well spent, I think.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Peep the steering wheel? Yes, I'm proud, even though the car's going to be a tremendous pain to drive and even more of a pain to get parts for. It's cool to me, so I'm rocking it.

EDIT* Oh yeah, '71 240Z

Edited by OustedFairlady

post-12462-050288800 1290030744_thumb.jpgHere is my 1972 240z. I got it almost ten years ago. My original plan was to hop up the original motor with a cam, header and triple carbs but after all that the motor self destructed due to my impatience. I then wanted to build a small block Ford but before I could gather the parts I wanted I sold it. Now ten years later I got it back. Granted I had to merry the daughter of the man I sold it to, but its more than worth it. Its been sitting sense the day I sold it and over that time a packrat has made

it its home. It will be a long term project to say the least, but I'm now much more educated and patient so as soon as I get the funding it will become a vh45de powered monster. I've sense evicted the packrat and stripped the interior but I thought it would be funny to show what I started with.

post-12462-050288800 1290030744_thumb.jpgHere is my 1972 240z. I got it almost ten years ago. My original plan was to hop up the original motor with a cam, header and triple carbs but after all that the motor self destructed due to my impatience. I then wanted to build a small block Ford but before I could gather the parts I wanted I sold it. Now ten years later I got it back. Granted I had to merry the daughter of the man I sold it to, but its more than worth it. Its been sitting sense the day I sold it and over that time a packrat has made

it its home. It will be a long term project to say the least, but I'm now much more educated and patient so as soon as I get the funding it will become a vh45de powered monster. I've sense evicted the packrat and stripped the interior but I thought it would be funny to show what I started with.

There's a 240 at the Pick-n-pull in Chandler you may want to look at...