HybridZ

240z to 300zx 5lug conversion

depends on which 300zx your talking about, as only a certain series of z31's have the hubs and rotors that you can use. Also, you won't be able to use any 300zx caliper, without an adapter. You would need to use the toyota 4 piston caliper, for a bolt on brake kit.

You can use a Z32 Caliper if you make an adapter and use Z31 hubs. I opted to use Z33 track rotors but you can use the Z31 or Z32 rotors or whatever you prefer.

For the back you can do multiple things if you want Z32 rear brakes. I used 280Z housings and bored out for Z31 bearings and used factory Z31 parts then make a bracket and you can mount your Z32 calipers on Z32 rotors or whatever.

Hope that helps,

Mark

IMG_1336_sm_thumb.jpg

You can use a Z32 Caliper if you make an adapter and use Z31 hubs. I opted to use Z33 track rotors but you can use the Z31 or Z32 rotors or whatever you prefer.

For the back you can do multiple things if you want Z32 rear brakes. I used 280Z housings and bored out for Z31 bearings and used factory Z31 parts then make a bracket and you can mount your Z32 calipers on Z32 rotors or whatever.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Needs more pictures... :)

Hope that helps,

Mark

Thanks man thats awesome! That is an S30 right? :hail:

For the rear, I designed and had three sets of 5-lug axles produced with the 19mm offset to match the Z31 hubs. The first two sets were very nice and resonably priced but the manufacturer screwed up the spline cut. They made a second pass which produced one good set and one bad set. I also had matching flanges produced. These are designed to mate to a 930 CV but there is ample material for modification to fit another more popular halfshaft cv joint. The final set from another manufacturer, shown in post #79 on the following link, are a work of art. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=127529&highlight=axle&page=4 The problem is they are cost prohibitive to everyone here so I gave up on the project. FWIW, the Z31 had an early and late design. The late design can be modified with a simple ring added on to accept the S30 seal. I'm working on that when I can get to it. While the Z31 seal will work it is difficult to get it over the spindle (many cut the inner lip off). After it's all done there still remains the problem of finding stock or aftermarket wheels that don't need to be custom made. I'm going to buy pin-drive wheels from http://www.vintagewheelsus.com or custom bolt-on from Boze. Either way, it's going to run + $2000 just for the wheels...

For the rear, I designed and had three sets of 5-lug axles produced with the 19mm offset to match the Z31 hubs. The first two sets were very nice and resonably priced but the manufacturer screwed up the spline cut. They made a second pass which produced one good set and one bad set. I also had matching flanges produced. These are designed to mate to a 930 CV but there is ample material for modification to fit another more popular halfshaft cv joint. The final set from another manufacturer, shown in post #79 on the following link, are a work of art. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=127529&highlight=axle&page=4 The problem is they are cost prohibitive to everyone here so I gave up on the project. FWIW, the Z31 had an early and late design. The late design can be modified with a simple ring added on to accept the S30 seal. I'm working on that when I can get to it. While the Z31 seal will work it is difficult to get it over the spindle (many cut the inner lip off). After it's all done there still remains the problem of finding stock or aftermarket wheels that don't need to be custom made. I'm going to buy pin-drive wheels from www.vintagewheelsus.com or custom bolt-on from Boze. Either way, it's going to run + $2000 just for the wheels...

Thats awesome man do you know what offset the s30 hubs are?