HybridZ

interior re-do and custom subwoofer/speaker install! enjoy

shika805

Just the like the title say, just wanted to share what me and a buddy are working on. For the past week we've been working on a custom enclosure for a 12 inch sub located in the spare wheel compartment. New 6x9in speaker locations, also utilizing the air vents on the dash to fit 3.5in speakers for a new look to the interior. Also during this past week i've been working on the install on my new gauge faces i got from speed hut. just wanted to share what i've been working on, i have to give a lot of credit to Hybridz for giving me some awesome ideas! thanks guys! enjoy the photos!

here is the template that we made to fit the enclosure for the sub in the spare wheel comparetment.

subinstall003.jpg

doing a nice test fit. nice and snug, as you can we made a bezel to lift the sub about another inch to get clearance.

subinstall004.jpg

subinstall006.jpg

placed where the amp would be, just to see how everything looked

IMG_6876.jpg

my buddy laying some sound deadening material we got at home depot.

IMG_6881.jpg

IMG_6891.jpg

utilized the rear back tool compartments to place new 6x9 speakers

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

got to work on my dash... before

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6856.jpg

the result!

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6867.jpg

here is the gauge install i worked on! had to return one of the gauge faces due to defect.

IMG_6932.jpg

hope your guys enjoyed!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys...

concerning the sub install, i placed "L" brackets to support the MDF board for the sub. I used self tapering screws to secure them in place. I used Loctite all purpose caulking and black silicone to make an air tight space. I made sure that adhesive caulking glued for 24 hours before placing the silicone to fill the gaps. So far so good!

and yes it is widow and roofing Butyl tape... Underneath i had my car lined with a light weight beding material for the interior when it was at the body shop, for added sound insulation.

oh yeah i also had to remove the center mount for the spare wheel to fit the sub also.

oh definitely... the sub is still no where close to be installed. while in the mean time... check what i did with the dash? 3.5 speaker in the air vents... not that bad i think, perfect fit also!

with flash

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

without flash

IMG_6959.jpg

IMG_6956.jpg

what do you guys think???

Very resourceful - I'll be curious to hear what you think of it the sound once it's all installed. I have thought about where to mount speakers in the front, but hated the thought of loosing the little bit of ventilation there is in the cabin by mounting speakers in the vents. You live in SB - gets warm in the summer - what are your plans for ventilation?

what i was thinking of doing is fabricating the front air vents to be adjustable to passenger and driver. in the photo i posted is an example of the vent i wanted to use... its from a 91 rx7, i think i can make it fit.

vent.jpg

a long with that i wanted to make a vent from under the dash to point upwards but concealed but still dont what to do about that???