HybridZ

fuel problem with 280z

zwilson2148

Hey,

I have a 1976 datsun with a problem i cannot figure out. the car just doesnt run right. the problem is when i step on the gas the car will rev when its just idoling but when i start to go it has no power what so ever and back fires. i changed out the mass air flow sensor and with the new one when i turn on the fuel pump the car floods out without hitting the gas but if i turn off the fuel pump i can rev the car very very slowly only when not moving though. i have changed just about everything i put a new fuel filter fuel pump(hooked up by toggle switch) manifold gasket new mass air flow sensor i have cleaned or replaced all the grounds and any bad wires i did all the vacuum lines i just cant figure it out. PLEASE HELP ME i got laid off from my job in november and i needed money for the bills so i had a chioce to sell my nice caddy or my crappy z and of course i sold the caddy and kept my junk because i love the z cars so much and i wont give up on it......