HybridZ

help rear hatch wont open

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok ass all know when the lock on the rear hatch is locked you can press it and it just goes in and out. just recently it does that in the position where it would normlly unlock. i cant open the back hatch now because somehing is not connecting somewhere i guess. any help would be grateful.

zach

OK, this is a little bit of work. You're going to have to crawl into the hatch area and remove the interior panel on it. Inside if you feel around you can find the bottom of the lock mechanism. There is a metal "U" that slides in to keep the lock in place. Remove this U and then you can pull out the lock from outside.

Once you've removed the lock, you can see there is a arm on the bottom that moves in and out with the button. On this arm should be a little bolt! This bolt is used to adjust contact with the plate that opens the hatch. My best guess is that your bolt is missing. Either way once you get the lock out, you will at least be able to open the hatch from the ouside by pushing down on the lever inside the hole. If you need a picture let me know.

------------------

"Gimme Fuel,

Gimme Fire,

Gimme that which I desire"

-Metallica

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html