HybridZ

VK56 with 350Z Trans????

NARB26S30

i don't think its much bigger than hr VH...and if the other guys fitting putting vette motors in the VK should have no problem fitting in there....i'm in the process of looking for a motor at the moment.

It's a bit taller than the VH, and much bigger than an LS because of the four cam cyl heads

• 4 months later...
Guest Jay Shev

Yea just throwing it out there for reference.

It sad, I was hoping to find some more info on a VK swapped S30, but it appears no one has really finished one.

I dont know the weight of the Titan tranny, but if you accompanied the Titan tranny, with an Armada/Z32 R230 Final Drive (2.94s), you could have plenty of cruising speed (albeit in an auto). My Titan cruises at 75mph at less than 2K rpm. And honestly, if you look at the gearing of the 350Z tranny, you would have better economy with a Z32 5 speed over it. Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...

Wildcap no longer makes the adapter for the 300zx trans.. There are adapter for the VQ35de and the VQ35HR trans out there which we are going to test. We lookin into the 300zx adapter if there is intrest... Working on mounting kits for S13/S14 and Z cars..

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wondering which transmission would bolt directly to the Vk block. I'm not sure which year of the 350z trans will fit or would a spacer be necessary. NOt sure if anyone has posted this yet. Thanks for your help guys...

Drift Emporium makes an adapter for the FS6R31A, which is from the 350z.

• 2 months later...

I spoke with McKinney Motorsports and they are making a kit for it as we speak...they already have the mounts made for it but are working on a custom oil pan since it is a front sump system. After they complete this, they will work on the VK45DE kit. They do not mount in the same spot due to different mounting bracket locations. The kit they are making will utilize the Titan bell housing and an adapter plate for a 350Z 6speed MT.