HybridZ

73 240 no turn signals or brake lights help!!

5 Star Rising

Whats up fellas, its been alittle while since my last post, since then I have a total of 6 Z's in my yard lol. Currently Im working on my 73 240.. this car has been sitting for over 20 years. Slowly but shurly im bring her back from the dead. Well im having issues with my turn signal /electrical. The signals dont work and either does my brake lights. Seems im not getting power to the back of my turn signal switch. I switched the entire switch out with another one off my other 73 V8 conversion which im not sure it that switch worked either though but I just know that power is not making it to the switch its self... all the fuses seem to have power.

I need to go pick up a wiring diagram for it. Mean while has any one experinced a problem like this on their 240 yet? any advice?

I will check that switch.. how ever what gets me is the harzards work fine lol

I actually have this same problem. Might be the brake light switch near the pedal and the actual turn signal on the steering column. I'm thinkin about bypassing everything and rewiring the turn signals and brake light switch independently.

well you can bypass the brake light switch very easily to see if thats your problem. My problem is im not getting power to my turn signal switch on the columb. Its an intermittant problem sometimes all of the sudden the turn signals will start working and then shut off. Im wondering if its a bad circuit running though a relay down by the pass kick panel or harness connection. This sucks lol

• 2 years later...

MSA sells a inline kit to connect under your stering wheel to connect into your head lifht switch. this directs all power through a relay and go through the relay and not the switch so you dont have to worry about buring up wires or your fuse block. The rear tail lights are black with yellow stripes and blue with red stripes. If you have no power to the back of the car follow the wires up and under the dash until you get power. Worse comes to worse, you can always run a jumper wire from the hot from the front and see if you trip the back lights to come on. Just an idea. http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SRC19/12-4652 Is a link if it something that you think might help