HybridZ
sticky280zx

Real l6 turbo header group buy

Which header would you like produced  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which header would you like produced

Just take your change fellas and stick it in a jug or a small safe and dont let the women in your lives have access and youll have the money in a month or two lol trust me thats how i afford to play with my cars and always have, BUT i have a little man on the way so now i guess im going to have to start "spltting" my change for his college, or ill just hand a "z" down for him to play with =)

Remember Jeff, your naming your first born after me, and i too cannot wait for the finished product, I have the money saved and put aside for you, just let me know when, BUT im prob going unpolished.

Just to let you know.

I said I might be interested, but I just found the two manifold that I was looking for.

So, if you added me to your list, you can offer it to another person.

Also, The 2 monifold I founds are the Greedy one.

I got the 2 type, Twin turbo and the Single Turbo.

Both are Brand New in Stainless Steal.

100_0524.jpg

100_0523.jpg

Just updating the list for you Jeff, Ben260z and Trumpetrhapsody, if you can please confirm you are still on board when you get the chance

1: Ben260z T3 and 44mm WG

2: Ben260z T4 and 44mm WG

3: Negligence non polished

4: apleymind non polished w 44mm wg

5:

Waiting list

1. Lonestars30z - let me know if you are def down

Edited by Negligence

Is there a possibility of adding ceramic coating as an option, or would I be better off having it done locally? I don't know why anyone wants it polished; it sits under your intake manifold so A. you can barely see it and B. it's cooking your intake air charge if you don't coat/wrap it

Is there a possibility of adding ceramic coating as an option, or would I be better off having it done locally? I don't know why anyone wants it polished; it sits under your intake manifold so A. you can barely see it and B. it's cooking your intake air charge if you don't coat/wrap it

Anything can be done at a price im sure, Sticky has been working non stop ill give him a call and run this idea by him, try to get some quotes

I guess I haven't been following this that closely, but I'm not seeing any plans for expansion or slip joints in the header design. I think you are going to want some on at least the #1 and #6 runners to prevent warping/fatigue cracking issues.

Edited by TimZ

OK sorry ive been stacked with work guys, lots going on and having a baby in the meantime has been crazy.

Shop has been OVERFLOWING, i can think of atleast 10+ cars that have had turbo swaps and tons of custom jobs lately so havent gotten to these. Not trying to get anyone down but the material is still set aside in the shop (to try and keep that initial estimate of a price down) since material has gone up considerably and we also had to make a few tweaks to the design as far as the plates. I will make sure these get done, and this winter the shop should be alot slower, not that i hope it is, but thats the way it normally goes lol.

So i would put these at an early spring release date. I can do a heat coating instead of polishing (which was more for the bling crowd) but i can also get a selection of "coating colors" as well for those that would rather have a choice (think silver, gunmetal, black, etc). But i will have to look up pricing on that.

ALSO again the "pricing" is a quote, i cannot give a firm 100% price untill they are made and we figure out what the total costs will be per run...i say this and want to stress it because yet again, im not making anything on these, if i was i would just charge you guys $1,500 or so like most custom Inline 6 turbo mani's that the shop sells. That way i would have plenty of wiggle room even though on most of those total cost comes to around 1k-1200 so in the end im definately not getting rich of them either lol.

Sorry to keep everybody hanging but hang in there and i'll have something for you in the next 6 months or so, just have to get the time to put this all together and everything fitting. Remember our/my goal for these will be compatible with bigger turbos (35r's), clear the stock steering, and allow for stock a/c as well...i am pretty sure we/i can accomplish all of this as most want all of those and not to have to give up anything just to have a nice manifold/bigger turbo. We can/will also make downpipes for you guys to help ensure proper fitment and something in the 3" range vs the small 2.5 that is currently made.

-Jeff

Please read the posts in the thread...especially the ones i have made Including the last one.

This is going to get done by spring but dont expect it untill then, shop and live have been VERY busy and havent had the time to sit down with these and do them perfectly (like they need to be done). -Jeff

Thanks and congratulations to the instigator of this project. Must have been a hugh amount of work and time investment.

How is the progress on cost, delivery date , numbers purchasing, etc. going? What would the surface postage to Australia be? and last , cost of ceramic coating as I imagine this would be cheaper in the US? B)

pcs 280ZX 2+2

Edited by pcs

I don't know if this group buy has died or not, but, if not, you might want to know that both Tial and Turbosmart now offer only V-band flanges on their larger (like 44mm) wastegates. This could impact those signed up for the older 44mm wastegate flanges.