HybridZ

later days

dr_hunt

Off this next weekend to go race southern sport mod IMCA in Abilene TX. I built a motor for a guy in that class and he is letting me race his car in that series when I can.

Also building a 408 cubic inch cleveland stroker for a Pantera, should be a nice build for you ford boys.

I hate how everyone lends their cars out to their mechanics and friends and stuff... I hate it because I never get the opportunity.

CVAR use to let the mechnics "test drive" the customers cars at their races even without a license however insurance stuff got out of hand so now thats gone... Fun laps around the track during the 1 hour lunch break is gone too. The rules for that was everyone had to have a helmet and jeans and you couldn't go faster than 80 but my dad would always shine the middle finger and blow by when he took me on rides. People can still let their buddies take their cars out but they have to have a license. The tech inspection guy took his bosses brand new Healey 3000 out and rolled it.

Despite the grim news, I hope you have fun! Make me jealous!

I'll work on the pantera pictures, nice car, but not show quality, this one is a driver. Interesting car though.

Red z is still sitting, so is the '55, although the motor, trans and trans crossmember are now in the '55. Rad showed up the other day for '55, need to install a wiring harness in '55, not looking forward to that.

Jeep is hauling A$$ as usual but the snow and lack of doors on the jeep keep it from being driven. I'm really pleased with the heads so far on that motor.

The z is the next thing on my list, after roundy round racing that is.

Edited by dr_hunt

I'll work on the pantera pictures, nice car, but not show quality, this one is a driver. Interesting car though.

Red z is still sitting, so is the '55, although the motor, trans and trans crossmember are now in the '55. Rad showed up the other day for '55, need to install a wiring harness in '55, not looking forward to that.

Jeep is hauling A$$ as usual but the snow and lack of doors on the jeep keep it from being driven. I'm really pleased with the heads so far on that motor.

The z is the next thing on my list, after roundy round racing that is.

Good to hear the jeep motor is holding up! My machine shop said they barely touched up the guides on a couple valves but most of them were in spec and the valves looked fine. I guess these heads are kind of a crap shoot.

Kind of what I figured, a couple guides were tight. LMAO. Mine work great, I spent quite a bit of time porting the bowl areas on both the intake and exhaust sides and they work great. Mine had 2.055 valves but the seats were only cut for 2.02 valves. I had the seats cut for 2.055's. Overall I'm pretty happy with them except for the fact that I have almost as much in them as a set of AFR's. LOL