HybridZ

S30/RB20 swap motor mounts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read about the weight distribution problem when doing this but I did it and the car handles great. Almost the same as it did before the swap. I used the stock driveshaft also.

Wait a second, you can use skyline engine mounts? I though you had to have the 200zr (RB20 Powered 300zx z31 fairlady z) mounts and oil pan. I know in your case pat you used a custom home built oil pan. If you can use the skyline mounts then I am gonna so get me an RB.

the problem with the whole swap is that you will need a rear sump pan. Thats where I can help you. I have been building custom oil pans for the rb swaps. When I did my swap I could not find a rear sump pan. Nissan no longer makes the pan for the zr200 that is a direct swap for the rb's in to the s30. So I decided to start building them to help all the guys and girls out with this swap. See my thread below

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=158555

Wait a second, you can use skyline engine mounts? I though you had to have the 200zr (RB20 Powered 300zx z31 fairlady z) mounts and oil pan. I know in your case pat you used a custom home built oil pan. If you can use the skyline mounts then I am gonna so get me an RB.

Yes I used the stock rb20 mounts. I had to slot the holes in the s30 cradle a little foward (about 1/4 inch). This swap is easy. And it runs like a beast. I have a rb25 turbo, 440 injectors and NIStune to tune the ecu. I think I'm going to put a holset hx35 on it to see how that runs.

sure, no problem that's why this forum is here to help people

I charge 475.00 for the rear wheel drive block and 575.00 for the all wheel drive block

the awd blocks require alot more metal work as you can see in the thread.

the rb20's are 98% of the time rwd block so it's 475.00 plus shipping to you. That includes the custom oil pan, a modified pick up and sealant to seal it all up.

I also can cut the price by using your stock rb oil pan and pickup. I only use the flange off the oil pan and build it up from there.

the price for that is 400.00 for the RWD block and 500.00 for the AWD block plus shipping back to you.

Not trying to threadjack too much, but how far forward does the gear shifter sit in the stock shift hole?

I found one picture of how far forward it sat when using the Skyline mounts in a 280ZX RB swap but not any of how it sit's in an S30 when using the Skyline mounts.

If you have picture's of how it sits I would greatly appreciate it, as well as the others in this thread probably will too.

Not trying to threadjack too much, but how far forward does the gear shifter sit in the stock shift hole?

I found one picture of how far forward it sat when using the Skyline mounts in a 280ZX RB swap but not any of how it sit's in an S30 when using the Skyline mounts.

If you have picture's of how it sits I would greatly appreciate it, as well as the others in this thread probably will too.

The shifter in my 280z sits about 1 inch foward if that. I know what picture of the 280zx your talking about. It doesn't look anything like that

here is a quick picture. let me know if you guys have anymore questions.:mrgreen:

shifter 001_thumb.JPG

Pat, your the man :icon14:

Your picture just helped me decide which way i'm going to go as far as motor mounts go, which is going to be with the stock Skyline mounts.

Thank you for the quick reply and clear picture.

If I can't get our race boat's oil pan fabricator to make me a rear sump pan for my RB20DET then you will definately be getting my business here very soon :mrgreen:

OOOOOHHHH BOY, now how is my 17 year old self going to come up with the money to buy an oil pan from you. Buy an RB25 from the net, R32 RB20 engine mounts and then wire the entire thing up. Not to mention the drive shaft I'm gonna need and a better radiator all the piping and stuff and then the extras I want just because I want them. Stuff like this makes me NEED to have something. Maybe I will manage to get ~ $5,000 before summers end and do a father son build with my dad and have a super fast z. I don't see it, but there is always a maybe, it would be just to much fun.

Pat, your the man :icon14:

Your picture just helped me decide which way i'm going to go as far as motor mounts go, which is going to be with the stock Skyline mounts.

Thank you for the quick reply and clear picture.

If I can't get our race boat's oil pan fabricator to make me a rear sump pan for my RB20DET then you will definately be getting my business here very soon :mrgreen:

no problem,I'm here to help out. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

OOOOOHHHH BOY, now how is my 17 year old self going to come up with the money to buy an oil pan from you. Buy an RB25 from the net, R32 RB20 engine mounts and then wire the entire thing up. Not to mention the drive shaft I'm gonna need and a better radiator all the piping and stuff and then the extras I want just because I want them. Stuff like this makes me NEED to have something. Maybe I will manage to get ~ $5,000 before summers end and do a father son build with my dad and have a super fast z. I don't see it, but there is always a maybe, it would be just to much fun.

5,000 dollors ,I did my entire swap for less than 1500.00 before I started adding stuff. Thats everything engine,trans intercooler and all the intercooler piping I mean everything. That's less than 1500.00 to have it running and driving. The wiring was a breeze. Guys don't let this swap stress you out. It's easy